Regarding Asus Strix 750G (Seasonic Focus)

TheScorpio

So I understand that there were some issues regarding these models made in 2018 and they were later revisioned in 2019.

I am kinda in a dilemma at the moment, my local market is running out of stock, there's only the Asus Strix 750w (200$) and a bunch of scary no-name brands mixed with some awful ones such as (GAMEMAX, thermaltake litepower, deepcool, aerocool, raidmax).

and I am kinda on the fence to buy the asus one since its based on the Seasonic Focus and I've heard some issues about it in the past, I am not sure which revision the asus currently has (whether it has been fixed or not) and I do have a GTX 1080Ti which is one of the persumed problematic GPU's with that PSU. (with an i7-8700k, both are both overclocked).

My other option is to buy a unit from the states or euro (newegg/amazon) and pay 70$ for shipping (which could equal to 200$ same price as the ASUS) which is not ideal as I lose warranty + wait weeks for shipping.

My Current PSU is the thermaltake EVO Blue 2.0 (750w Gold), it's fine its just I am passing it to my nas and buying a new PSU for my main machine

I thought I'd ask you guys since you're probably more informed about these things that I am.

My enviroment is not the most forgiving (It's up to 120F / 48-50C) everyday here and indoor temps would be on average in the (30's C / 86 F) so heat will be present no matter what :D (not sure how much that would matter, I guess what Im trying to say is that 0db fan will kick in in most cases).

Another bonus question is that the Asus PSU cables come with capacitors and I already have cable extensions (will the extensions midigate the persumed usefulness of the capacitors or it really doesn't matter)

Thanks in Advance!