Smartwatch Recommendation, Please

helgehelge123

My Samsung Gear S3 is on it's last legs, I have to restart it multiple times a day because the screen goes beserk mode and only shows flickering white and the battery isn't up to par anymore.

I am currentily using an Huawei P30 Pro and I'm planning to get a Pixel in my next contract period. What (Wear OS) Smartwatch would you recommend? 

I have a fossil watch and it servers me well. it's a replacement they sent for free after my oldone broke after a year or two.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

If you need it also for some sport/activity/exercise stuff, you can go with Suunto 7.

6 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

I have a fossil watch and it servers me well. it's a replacement they sent for free after my oldone broke after a year or two.

Which Fossil watch? I've looked into the 5th Gen but the reviews are really mixed. Many report bad battery life and I'm hesitant to buy a Watch that survives a day with a good battery. Don't wanna experience a 2 year old one.

5 minutes ago, helgehelge123 said:

Which Fossil watch?

The gen 5 Carlyle HR. It won't survive more than a day battery wise but the hardware in it is really good. The software, wear os, lets it down completely as it's just really not that well thought out. It's also littered with bugs. Tbh I suggest you stick with tizen watches unless wear os is something you don't mind.

What pixel are you getting?

Thanks

Just now, Mad153 said:

The gen 5 Carlyle HR. It won't survive more than a day battery wise but the hardware in it is really good. The software, wear os, lets it down completely as it's just really not that well thought out. It's also littered with bugs. Tbh I suggest you stick with tizen watches unless wear os is something you don't mind.

What pixel are you getting?

I would like to be able to pay with the watch and Samsung Pay is still not enabled in Germany. 
Having an always on display and the ability to pay is pretty much my requirement. ~ 2 day battery life would be a nice extra, tho. (weird to say that when a normal watch lasts a year...)
I don't know which phone I'm getting, yet but I'm kinda annoyed by the brands. I don't really like Samsung anymore and Huawei is a big nono for the next one. Got my P30 Pro like 2 weeks before the China drama. That's why i thought I'd just get the newest Pixel generation. 

1 minute ago, helgehelge123 said:

I would like to be able to pay with the watch and Samsung Pay is still not enabled in Germany. 

Ok my recommendation is to wait for the new Snapdragon chips for smartwatches to reach the market. The battery life will be a lot better with those. I think they're only a few months away.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, madeinos said:

If you need it also for some sport/activity/exercise stuff, you can go with Suunto 7.

I've looked into Suunto but it's not for me.
I don't like the look of the small display in the 3. 5 is not my look at all and 7 and 9 are too expensive. But I liked the simplicity and and price of the 3.

18 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Ok my recommendation is to wait for the new Snapdragon chips for smartwatches to reach the market. The battery life will be a lot better with those. I think they're only a few months away.

I'm sorry for the spam I'm too dumb for multi quotes.

That sounds like the best idea. Thanks and have a nice one