Headphone recommendations

bknight

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a some good headphones to play Gaming (Mic is not needed) / Music (symphonic rock/metal) and Movies.

Headphones can be open or closed as i don't need to insulate the sound.
I would like to spend around $200 the headphones i have looked at

• Audio-Technica ATH-M50
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X
  • Beyerdynamic DT440 Edition Premium
  • Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Limited Edition
  • Sennheiser HD558

What would people recommend? or would recommend something else.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a some good headphones to play Gaming (Mic is not needed) / Music (symphonic rock/metal) and Movies.

Headphones can be open or closed as i don't need to insulate the sound.

I would like to spend around $200 the headphones i have looked at

• Audio-Technica ATH-M50
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X
  • Beyerdynamic DT440 Edition Premium
  • Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Limited Edition
  • Sennheiser HD558

What would people recommend? or would recommend something else.

When it comes to the Audio-Technica you should know that there is little to no bass on those. So if you are looking for bass then those probably wont do you good. You say you also want them for movies, they are open headphones so I wouldn't say they are ideal for movies. I don't know too much about the Beyerdynamic's. Sorry :P

I would like to recommend Grado SR80i/125i. :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

When it comes to the Audio-Technica you should know that there is little to no bass on those. So if you are looking for bass then those probably wont do you good. You say you also want them for movies, they are open headphones so I wouldn't say they are ideal for movies. I don't know too much about the Beyerdynamic's. Sorry :P

The AD700x that is, the M50s are actually considered slightly bassheavy.

Honestly, I have never even heard about the DT440, so no comment on those, but I own the 80 Ohm version of the DT770 myself and I am really happy with them. They're quite bassheavy, whereas the HD558s are are a more balanced pair. I tried them for a couple of minutes and was pleasantly suprised.

Honestly, if you are considering the DT770, get the DT990, My dad has those and they just sound slightly better in every single way imo. The cheapest version is the 250OHM version, but most modern motherboards can probably power them to adequate volume levels.

THE signature

Thx everyone.

Will pickup some DT990 pro's around $150 from Amazon.