Possible Upgrade Paths for M4A785-M

Hey there! I'm new to the forum and I wanted to hopefully get some help.
I don't have a lot of money to spend around but I would like to upgrade this PC if possible.
Motherboard: M4A785-M
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
RAM: Two 2GB  Crucial Technology 400MHz Sticks and One 1GB Micron Technology 266 MHz stick
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I'm not that smart when it comes to picking out stuff for my PC so if anyone could help that'd be great! I mainly wanna look into a CPU and RAM.
Much appreciated! :)

You will probably have to look at used parts to upgrade the cpu/ram on that motherboard.

No better CPUs really.  Maybe an X6.

You are kinda screwed on DDR2.  You MIGHT find 4x 2gb DDR2 800, but it may be overpriced.

6 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

is this mainly all the things that are compatible with this mother board ?

6 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

No better CPUs really.  Maybe an X6.

You are kinda screwed on DDR2.  You MIGHT find 4x 2gb DDR2 800, but it may be overpriced.

How much performance would an X6 really give me though? I really have no clue lol
As for the RAM, would these maybe be ok ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-8GB-KIT-4x2GB-PC2-6400-DDR2-800-Dual-Channel-240pin-DIMM-Desktop-Memory/331194734945?epid=0&hash=item4d1cbe9961:g:iJgAAOxyOalTZybT

3 minutes ago, TI_Felix said:

is this mainly all the things that are compatible with this mother board ?

How much performance would an X6 really give me though? I really have no clue lol
As for the RAM, would these maybe be ok ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-8GB-KIT-4x2GB-PC2-6400-DDR2-800-Dual-Channel-240pin-DIMM-Desktop-Memory/331194734945?epid=0&hash=item4d1cbe9961:g:iJgAAOxyOalTZybT

What do you do?  In heavily threaded stuff x6 would be 50% more performance.  For tasks that dont care about threads its slower.

Pretty much ANY new CPU on the market today is faster.  Even a new dual core is faster in all cases.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

What do you do?  In heavily threaded stuff x6 would be 50% more performance.  For tasks that dont care about threads its slower.

Pretty much ANY new CPU on the market today is faster.  Even a new dual core is faster in all cases.

I mainly try to game with what I got. Trying to get something new at the current time would be a no go. So I just try to make do with what I got.

11 minutes ago, TI_Felix said:

I mainly try to game with what I got. Trying to get something new at the current time would be a no go. So I just try to make do with what I got.

Then dont upgrade, you will not see any significant performance change without changing to a newer CPU/MB/RAM.  Not to mention the used market prices for those parts can get to the price of some newer parts.  And as I said, ANY new part will be better, even super cheap ones.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Then dont upgrade, you will not see any significant performance change without changing to a newer CPU/MB/RAM.  Not to mention the used market for those parts can get to the price of some newer parts.  And as I said, ANY new part will be better, even super cheap ones.

Ahhh I see, thanks for the heads up then :)

Maybe look into game streaming if your internet can handle it.