LINUX ON SOLO S120

HEY fellas,

new day with new piece of sh!t in mind. Today we are gonna make a old laptop keep up with modern world. Today i found an very light weight linux distribution called SOLITAZ OS this operating system only occupies 50 mb of disk storage here we are having SOLO S120 with 1GB HDD, PENTIUM/120 CPU,256K CACHE and 32 GB of RAM. so for installing the os to the machine

we would need to create a bootable disk you can use a usb if your machine has a usb slot but i will stick with cd as my machine only supports cd not usb. i used windows burner to burn the os to the cd .Once done,i inserted the disk to my machine and booted from it keep in mind it gonna be very slow as at this time the os is running from CD. but at last my cd reader died as this machine was 20+YRs now i removed the harddisk from the machine and bought several adapters they are-

1) IDE TO SATA CONVERTER

2)NVME TO SATA CONVERTER

now i was having a very fast system memory i still had to install the OS to the storage device for which i had to use one of those hp compaq dx2700 to install the os the storage device now once done i ran into an issue that the machine was not recognizing the storage so i ran back to be hp computer and tried certain formats which were capable with the machine but nothing worked but after 14 hours of painful work on this machine i somehow managed to formate the thing into fat16 thanks to hp disk care software and etcher and finally we were booted into linux oon the machine and this is how i made an old computer come to live again now this thing had a write speed of only 400MB/s (maybe due to some compatibility isses) and a 32 GB storage which was a super rare deal at the moment now i also opened the battery pack and placed new batttery's in the casing which gave me a backup power for 7 hours of continous work thanks to such a light weight Operating system now that my cd drive doesn't work i placed the original hard disk there and without any formating the os does detects the hard disk now i ran with an issue where my laptop was freezing when it was booted but i fixed it by selecting boot from hard disk. Now may this works terribly slow but you can watch youtube videos at 360p without any frame drops/fluteering and is a good choice for making notes with 7-4 hours battery backup and attention of classmates staring at your machine(especially that girl on which you have crush)

EDIT: THE LAPTOP HAS 32KB RAM