My First Gaming Setup

Budget (including currency): £2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Competitive games (Fortnite, Overwatch, CS:GO) and casual games (RDR2, God of War, Minecraft)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (bluetooth because I mostly use controller for Fortnite)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz CL16

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super

Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox MB511 RGB

PSU: SeaSonic Focus Gold 650W

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27BQ (27', 1440p, 165Hz, 0.4ms)

Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Origins Core (Also added an ROG wirst rest for about £21)

Mouse: Glorious Model O

+ cable extensions and XL mouse pad

If you have any suggestions for improvements please make sure I can buy the product off amazon.co.uk!

3 minutes ago, JustAGamer325 said:

God of War

Just a heads up, thats a Playstation Exclusive.

Other than that, thats an excellent build! The only suggestion I would make would be to go for 3600MHz CL16 RAM Instead of 3200MHz.

Double check that the mobo box is certified Ryzen 3000 ready and you should be good to go!

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

Just a heads up, thats a Playstation Exclusive.

Other than that, thats an excellent build! The only suggestion I would make would be to go for 3600MHz CL16 RAM Instead of 3200MHz.

Double check that the mobo box is certified Ryzen 3000 ready and you should be good to go!

Thanks for the heads up! As for the RAM, I did see that a lot of people agree that, for this CPU, 3600 is better, but the cheaper options for that (TrydentZ for example) are about £20-£30 more expensive. I'll try and squeeze them in! Also I looked up on the MSI website and that board is in fact compatible!

Thanks for the help!