RAM

DewisLavid

Hi all,

ive managed to get into Windows 10 on my new pc I built but when I have a single ram stick it works but when I try the second ram stick with it the system won’t boot and if I have that single second stick in alone it won’t boot does anyone know why?

3 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

Hi all,

ive managed to get into Windows 10 on my new pc I built but when I have a single ram stick it works but when I try the second ram stick with it the system won’t boot and if I have that single second stick in alone it won’t boot does anyone know why?

dead stick?

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

dead stick?

That is the conclusion we are about to come too unfortunately it worked in the build I just took out of

Just now, DewisLavid said:

That is the conclusion we are about to come too unfortunately it worked in the build I just took out of

try putting it back in the old build to see if it works

Try swapping the working stick for the "non working" one, you might also have a dead memory channel/ slot on the MoBo/ CPU. It's unlikely, but it's not too hard to do, and could give you the info you need.

I have tried all the slots but it just won’t have it have come to the the conclusion that the ram has somehow died in the pace of about 15 mins of not being in the pc