Allo everyone. I am in search of some recording software for Linux so I can transition more into the linux world. I am currently using Zorin OS 7 64-Bit. I need something that works like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), that is capable of Recording from my webcam, screen and also live streaming. I have a software to edit video with, which I will be trying out LightWorks.

SkullAbyss

SimpleScreenRecorder.

There is nothing fully fledged like OBS or Xsplit for linux, but there are basic tools.

Pretty much all tools just ffmpeg and Xscreengrab to just record a section of your screen, anything in that section will get recorded.

You can only really record one screen region but there are applications which just render your webcam in a window. I'm not sure about the capability for Zorin to remove the window boarders, but if it can you can make it look like you are overlaying the webcam over the top of the thing you are doing.

Alternatively but a bit more complex is you can use what I use, which is just a basic script that invokes ffmpeg directly.

You can find it here https://github.com/wargio/Twitch-Streamer-Linux

This will try and pull in your webcam if it is available.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?