average build

Budget (including currency): 600-700 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming or mby some light video editing

So im thinking about building some mid tier gaming pc(no streaming) just for fun basically no balls to the wall power needed, i do have an old atx case that i remodded a little to improve airflow and actually keep it cool and for core components im thinking:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, 130€

CPU: B450 board, around 120€

GPU: RX570 armor 8gb set the budget here atmost 275€

RAM and SSD  not that important here.

the part i am struggleing a little is the GPU since im pretty much locked in with the board and the CPU and im not sure what would be the best value for said build GPU wise, im thinking also about gtx 1660 but ive heard some concerns about compability so if anyone has a great idea for a gpu i would be interested.

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

5 minutes ago, nextg3n said:

im thinking also about gtx 1660 but ive heard some concerns about compability

Compatibility of what kind? You would struggle to find a modern motherboard that does not work with a modern graphics card of any sort.

6 minutes ago, nextg3n said:

GPU: RX570 armor 8gb set the budget here atmost 275€

275 seems like quite a lot for an RX 570, and the 1660 is more powerful than it by quite a bit. The 1660 super is usually the best value in that price range, though. Also consider a 1650 super or RX 580.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Compatibility of what kind? You would struggle to find a modern motherboard that does not work with a modern graphics card of any sort.

275 seems like quite a lot for an RX 570, and the 1660 is more powerful than it by quite a bit. The 1660 super is usually the best value in that price range, though. Also consider a 1650 super or RX 580.

by the compabilty i meant between amd cpu-s and nvidia cards... but maybe that is just some gutter talk...
275 was just the max to spend on an gpu..  not that one specifically.

4 minutes ago, nextg3n said:

275 was just the max to spend on an gpu..  not that one specifically

I'm not familiar with Estonia pricing so I can't say for sure what is best, how much does your average GTX 1660 super cost? 1660 ti? RX 5600 XT?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm not familiar with Estonia pricing so I can't say for sure what is best, how much does your average GTX 1660 super cost? 1660 ti? RX 5600 XT?

zotac, MSI, 1660 goes for around 250€, TI goes for around 320€ and 350€ for 5600 xt, those are from trustworthy sources, could get cheaper but not sure about those sellers, reputation not proven.

1 minute ago, nextg3n said:

zotac, MSI, 1660 goes for around 250€, TI goes for around 320€ and 350€ for 5600 xt, those are from trustworthy sources, could get cheaper but not sure about those sellers, reputation not proven.

Then I'd say the 1660 super is a really good choice for you. Usually the 1660 is not much cheaper, so if you want to save money, go for a 1650 super/RX 580/RX 5500 XT

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Then I'd say the 1660 super is a really good choice for you. Usually the 1660 is not much cheaper, so if you want to save money, go for a 1650 super/RX 580/RX 5500 XT

okay, than i believe it is a lock for 1660, since no point trying to spare some € on a cheaper card since that system will be outdated in about 4-8 years im hoping it can cope with games coming out 6 years from now and who knows what the aftermarket will look like then... anyway thx for the input.

3 minutes ago, nextg3n said:

than i believe it is a lock for 1660

The super, definitely not the regular 1660. The super has more memory bandwidth which improves performance a lot.

Primary PC: