Switch game download.

Jae Tee

If I have a switch game that was downloaded with a code, and I remove the original user from the console, do I retain the game on my system via the new user, or do I lose the game?

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

I don't believe you do.  The code is tied to the account it was redeemed on.  Nintendo has the most draconian DRM and policies of any gaming device.

1 minute ago, Warin said:

I don't believe you do.  The code is tied to the account it was redeemed on.  Nintendo has the most draconian DRM and policies of any gaming device.

Yeah, i found this out the hard way, but either way i had to initialize the system. i was just wondering if i can salvage the game: nope. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

I think all gaming services that sell games digitally should be required to offer free license transfers.  There are games I own digitally that I would happily give to friends, but there is no mechanism for doing such a thing.  And that applies to everyone, Steam, Nintendo, GoG, Microsoft, Sony, etc.