GPU crashes under moderate load

Difined_Person

I'd like to thank you in advance for taking ur time to read and help me, I've been struggeling with my GPU lately.

Last week I bought and builded a new PC with everything new except the GPU, the GPU was second hand but perfectly working fine.

So after building my new PC I had monitor issues and a code 43 issue. I fixed them all, but after the code 43 issue fix a new problem appeared. My GPU crashes under any moderate load on the GPU.

Code 43 was fixed by flasing my GPU bios, before the flash i was enable to play games under poor monitor circumstances but the GPU was performing right.

The monitor issue was created by a broken adapter, the adapter was replaced and the monitor issue has been fixed. Code 43 was fixed by flashing my GPU bios.

Before the GPU bios flash everything worked fine, games would run, but not with the right resolution, monitor issues, ect. Right now I'm enable to use my PC but very limited.

My PC / GPU will crash under the following circumstances:

- All games that require moderate GPU load (I tried GPU light games like ROBLOX but they make my GPU crash)

- Touching Audiodrivers in device manager

- Trying to acces my GPU bios flasher

- Sometimes random moments.

I have tried downclocking, overclocking, reinstalling drivers clean, reinstalling windows and testing on other rigs.

Results, nothing worked. I tried intotal 3 diffrent rigs. 2 rigs show the same problems the other rig has the same problem but doesnt exact copy the same effects.

My RIG:

RX 570

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

8GB 2400 MHZ

B450 DS3H Gigabyte

500W silver 80+ silverstone

What happends? Once you start into a game, it takes about 10 seconds for a black screen to appear, sometimes u see it glitching to death, you will hear a static sound of crashing and then the monitor turns of saying there is no signal. Then you will see the GPU led lights flickering and then the motherboards shutsdown. This happend to 2 diffrent rigs. Both had 500W properly working PSU's. Drivers were up to date.

The third rig shows almost the same problem. You start a game then a black screen appears but the GPU still runs and no LED flickering, signal hasnt been lost at the 3rd rig.

The weird thing is it worked perfectly fine before the bios flash because I remember playing Warzone without any problems before the bios flash.

I'm stuck atm what the problem is. I've read that Drivers, sound drivers PSU all can be the problem. Anyone got a idea?

GPU load doesnt exceed 40% after that it crashes and tempature never go above 40 degrees celsius. Down and over clocking doesnt work.

Anyone got a idea what the problem is?

Thank you for the help!

It sounds like there could be some sort of problem with the power delivery. Are you sure all the necessary power cables are connected to the graphics card?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

26 minutes ago, dcgreen2k said:

It sounds like there could be some sort of problem with the power delivery. Are you sure all the necessary power cables are connected to the graphics card?

I've just tested the GPU with 3 diffrent PSU's and 3 Diffrent MOBO's.

What I see is that the GPU LED flickering is casued by the MOBO, other mobo's restart windows but my main mobo just quits and the led starts flickering.

This is not a power delivery problem. My brothers rig with a AMD GPU too works perfectly fine in his PC but when my GPU is inserted the problem still happens.

I'm trying to do a bios flash but I can't access the program without crashing my PC.