4 Pin adapter

It is not the removable 4-pin from the 24-pin that goes there! You should have a separate 4-pin connector maybe it's labeled CPU.

10 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

It is not the removable 4-pin from the 24-pin that goes there! You should have a separate 4-pin connector maybe it's labeled CPU.

15 minutes ago, GianniTacos said:

I just got a new power supply for my Dell optiplex 3020 and the 4 pin cable hole right next to the cpu is flipped compared to the one on my power supply. Is there an adapter I can use to help fix that? 

61048738935__57734A5E-694A-4006-A7EA-BC1C50F0E8C3.MOV 955.88 kB · 2 downloads

Sorry to break it to you, but a Dell Optiplex 3020 uses proprietary power connectors.  

Do you have the adapter you need to convert from the 24-pin to the Dell 8-pin?

Example:  https://www.moddiy.com/products/Dell-OptiPlex-3020-PSU-Main-Power-24-Pin-to-8-Pin-Adapter-Cable-30cm.html

What you have in your hand is a "20+4"  The two pieces mate together to make a 24-pin.  

The four pin on the motherboard is on a separate cable.  It's either a four pin by itself, or two four pins stuck together to make an 8-pin (thus, it's called a 4+4-pin).  You would break apart the two fours and use the one that fits.

If we knew what PSU you had, we could help you even further.

2 minutes ago, GianniTacos said:

First, thank you so much. Can you hear me talking I’m that video? I’ll put another one.

61048868761__A80AE945-BF47-4B23-A1B6-DDF5F4A05889.MOV

I don't want to download your videos and put on my headphones, etc. just to help you.

Just put, in plain text, what PSU you bought to replace your Dell PSU.

Thanks!

EDIT:  Ok.  I see in the second video that you found your 4+4-pin.  That is the one you use.  You use half of that.

But you STILL need the Dell adapter.  Do you have the Dell adapter?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I think it’s a EVGA (the letters are weird) and it’s 550w. I pretty sure found the 4+4 cable that goes into the cpu slot, but I think what I need it a adapter for the 8 pin hole.