Performance drop after upgrading RAM

So I upgraded my HyperX Fury 2x4GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM to Patriot Viper Steel 2x8GB 3200MHz.

My motherboard only supports up to 2400MHz so the new RAM is downclocked to 2400. I read online that there shouldn't be any issue with the downclock. I bought the 3200MHz RAM because I want the PC to be ready for future upgrades (I will probably get a Ryzen next year).

I never really benchmarked games that much, but it 'feels' like the performance has dropped. Could this be because of the downclock, maybe I need to mess around with the timings? I do not have any experience with RAM timings. XMP is enabled.

I'm running an i5 7500 and a GTX 1660 6GB.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, bubyy said:

So I upgraded my HyperX Fury 2x4GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM to Patriot Viper Steel 2x8GB 3200MHz.

My motherboard only supports up to 2400MHz so the new RAM is downclocked to 2400. I bought the 3200MHz RAM because I want the PC to be ready for future upgrades (I will probably get a Ryzen next year).

I never really benchmarked games that much, but it 'feels' like the performance has dropped. Could this be because of the downclock, maybe I need to mess around with the timings? I do not have any experience with RAM timings. XMP is enabled.

I'm running an i5 7500 and a GTX 1660 6GB.

Thanks in advance!

Is the i5 K or non k?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Is the i5 K or non k?

non K

Also 1 more thing, the RAM scored 77% on userbenchmark.com, which is pretty much the average for 2x8GB 2400 DDR4 RAM.

Maybe Call of Duty just had a bad update for quad-cores?

1 minute ago, bubyy said:

non K

Also 1 more thing, the RAM scored 77% on userbenchmark.com, which is pretty much the average for 2x8GB 2400 DDR4 RAM.

It is a probability its the down clock but I'm not sure about that i always recommend having a mobo compatible with the speeds or it will make the ram worse of course

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It is a probability its the down clock but I'm not sure about that i always recommend having a mobo compatible with the speeds or it will make the ram worse of course

Yeah I completely understand, but I wanted to upgrade to 16GB because 8GB was just not enough anymore

you sure they're in the correct configuration for dual channel?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

you sure they're in the correct configuration for dual channel?

ofcourse, the board only has 2 slots

Maybe I should to downclock it myself even further to 2133MHz because that was the old memory's clock?

Ok so basically it looks like it's a Call of Duty problem, because CS and GTA V are running fine just like before.