PSU Noise

Smmded
Go to solution Solved by CopiWasTaken,
1 minute ago, Smmded said:

A few months ago, my FSP AX500 PSU started making a noise sounding like a coil whine. I thought nothing of it and left it alone. But then, yesterday the noise got louder. This a really good 15 year old PSU, but should that be a concern?

If it is 15 years old, then you may want to replace it. It probably has come to the end of it's long life.

A few months ago, my FSP AX500 PSU started making a noise sounding like a coil whine. I thought nothing of it and left it alone. But then, yesterday the noise got louder. This a really good 15 year old PSU, but should that be a concern?

Btw, it has been siting in my dad's old build for years, and when I got a shitty prebuilt, I started using it, then I built a new pc with the PSU.

Edited by Smmded

1 minute ago, Smmded said:

If it is 15 years old, then you may want to replace it. It probably has come to the end of it's long life.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

That power supply should have been replaced 10 years ago. Buy a new power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

Man, well I am gonna need an cheap option with at least 500w. And obviously a good one.