Ryzen scheduler

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Just install the latest chipset driver, Windows 10 updates and BIOS and you shouldn't have to touch anything else. That post is ancient and hasn't been relevant for two years

I had originally planned to cling into Win7 after upgrading to Ryzen, but after getting an NVMe drive and dealing with some other software compatibility issues in the past I decided to commit the sin of Windows 10. While still planning on using 7 I came across this while I was trying to look for an article I had read somewhere about new improvements of the Win10 scheduler and how it handles threads: i.e. spreading them out more evenly, this taking advantage of the higher core & thread count of Ryzen chips instead of heavily relying on core 0.

My question is twofold: first, do/should I need to bother with the solution written in the link or has is since been integrated into either chipset drivers and/or Windows itself? And if anyone can think of something like that article I was looking for (I don't remember which publication it was, just that it was about Ryzen getting a little bit more of an edge along with general performance increases for high core count CPUs as well as it being a big step away from single threaded workflows) could you please link it or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance 😊

--Gas_Mask_

Just install the latest chipset driver, Windows 10 updates and BIOS and you shouldn't have to touch anything else. That post is ancient and hasn't been relevant for two years

12 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Thanks man!

--Gas_Mask_