Broken Keyboard

Yesterday evening i was gaming untill late as always, nothing happened. Now today i open up my MSI laptop and all of the sudden my E button doesn't respond for 80% of the time. I need to press it hard, very often or be lucky. I tried to fix it but couldn't find anything so i went away for a while. When i came back the letter W was doing the same thing and as bad as the letter E, even the Q is malfunctioning. I wanted to "upgrade" with a Steelseries external keyboard for a while now, and i figured that i need to do it as a "repair" now instead of a "upgrade". But this got me thinking, can a broken internal keyboard be fatal for your laptop? Or can i ignore this problem by purchasing a working external, and maybe later let it be repaired just to be complete. For your information, I use my laptop as a desktop now because at the time i wasn't allowed to build or buy a PC and thus needed to be able to store it away in a closet or something. But now its just on my desk forever, I dont game on the GO and rarely somewhere else than home. But i a make a desktop out of it, will it eventually die because the keyboard is going to destroy everything or something? Or can my old internal keyboard slowly die in my laptop while i use an external one without harming my laptop? I hope someone can help me, i cant afford a new gaming laptop or PC and i am very fond of it. 

Kind Regards Darth_Tarquinius (17 year old boy for your info).

PS: Bought this laptop about 3-4 years ago i think,

its a MSI GP62M 7REX Leopard Pro, with a Intel i7 7th gen and a GTX 1050TI and a integrated Steelseries gaming keyboard.

And yes i tried downloading new MSI BIOS but at the time i was on the MSI site there was literally nothing.

AND YES, as you can see i used the letter e and w and this took veeeery long to write because they malfunction.

Screenshots toetenbord problemen..docx

From what I know, on most laptops you can remove the keyboard, so you could replace it if you want. Or you could probably be fine with an external keyboard, I have removed the keyboard on an old laptop completely and it worked just fine, but your mileage may vary.