MacBook Pro 16 Keycaps

MrSushi

Hello,

Is it a bad idea to try to replace Macbook Pro 2019 keycaps? Can it be done without damaging the switches? I have gotten the laptop with wrong keyboard language and can not return it anymore.

It's highly likely that you will damage it if you swap them yourself, and sourcing the right caps may be an issue. I would get a sticker sheet or some short of cover for you keyboard with the right language 

15 minutes ago, Benji said:

There are apparently webpages that are dedicated to selling the key caps, but with that many keys there is a relatively high likelihood that you will actually damage some keys and would need to get a replacement keyboard as well. I don't know how it is with the 16" MacBook Pro, but on the previous horrible keyboard versions you had to replace the entire top cover IIRC, and that was pricey AF.

Just out of interest - how did you manage to buy the wrong language version of this device? The Apple webpage and most local retailers don't even allow you to change the keyboard layout to anything different than what is sold in your region.

I want to use other than local language keyboard