Having issues with DS4 Controllers

A couple of days ago, I woke up and turned on my PS4 to find out that my DS4 controller was not connecting. I tried syncing it to the console by plugging it in via USB and it didn't work - it wasn't even charging. I tried the reset button - it did not work. I tried charging through my PC - it did not work.

I went through Sony's self-help service and it said to me that I would need to get a new controller as it was out of warranty - so today I did that.

I opened the box, plugged it in via USB - nothing. I tried charging through PC - nothing. However, I could get it to connect to my computer via Bluetooth, and DS4Windows said the controller had 30% battery left.

I have tried everything using different USB cables, and using different ports on my PlayStation and computer - nothing is working.

Can anyone offer any help? I can not get Sony's attention at all and I am stressing quite a lot, as money is rather tight this month and I didn't really want to waste £50 on a controller that might not ever be used.