ITX vs normal card

Burnedice25

Hey!

i just started (for the 4th time) Kingdom Come on my computer, but now I have a shiny new monitor that’s 1440p and my MSI OC GTX 1050Ti is starting to chug a little.

as much as I hate to admit it, since I love my little guy (first GPU and he performs way above his weight class) it is indeed time for an upgrade. 

I found a GTX 1660 MSI ITX card (gonna stick with MSI until the end of time) for just over 360 AUD. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264529201588

this is seems like a fantastic price to basically double my gaming performance. But since it’s ITX and I have a full sized build will there be any performance drop offs? 

My current build:

I7 3770

8 GB DDR3

GTX 1050ti 

so so sum it up I have two questions.

1. Will the ITX card perform the same as a regular 1660 (with adequate air flow)

2. Would it be worth selling my GTX 1050ti for 200 AUD and then only paying out of pocket 100 for it?

cheers.

13 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Will the ITX card perform the same as a regular 1660 (with adequate air flow)

The cooler is smaller so you will see somewhat reduced performance. However, like you mentioned, adequate cooling will prevent this card from suffering immensely.

13 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Would it be worth selling my GTX 1050ti for 200 AUD and then only paying out of pocket 100 for it?

Yes, selling your current GPU is a great idea.

However, don't expect to double your gaming performance with a 1660, it's not quite that good.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The cooler is smaller so you will see somewhat reduced performance.

Yes, selling your current GPU is a great idea.

This is technically a ITX thread so are you gonna recommend the SG13b?

lol, jk.

anyway, will I see a noticeable difference? My current monitor is 1440p 144hz   (Curved by I don’t think that would make a difference)

and in percent, how much performance will I loose?

14 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Hey!

i just started (for the 4th time) Kingdom Come on my computer, but now I have a shiny new monitor that’s 1440p and my MSI OC GTX 1050Ti is starting to chug a little.

as much as I hate to admit it, since I love my little guy (first GPU and he performs way above his weight class) it is indeed time for an upgrade. 

I found a GTX 1660 MSI ITX card (gonna stick with MSI until the end of time) for just over 360 AUD. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264529201588

this is seems like a fantastic price to basically double my gaming performance. But since it’s ITX and I have a full sized build will there be any performance drop offs? 

My current build:

I7 3770

8 GB DDR3

GTX 1050ti 

so so sum it up I have two questions.

1. Will the ITX card perform the same as a regular 1660 (with adequate air flow)

2. Would it be worth selling my GTX 1050ti for 200 AUD and then only paying out of pocket 100 for it?

cheers.

If you care for acoustics then stick with a full sized card. I have an MSI 1660 Ti Gaming X and it's pretty quiet.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

This is technically a ITX thread so are you gonna recommend the SG13b?

lol, jk.

anyway, will I see a noticeable difference? My current monitor is 1440p 144hz   (Curved by I don’t think that would make a difference)

and in percent, how much performance will I loose?

Noticable difference? Definitely. But, a 1660 is not really meant for 1440p 144Hz

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, vong said:

If you care for acoustics then stick with a full sized card. I have an MSI 1660 Ti Gaming X and it's pretty quiet.

My current MSI card is dead quiet also but noise isn’t really a thing to me because of my layout.

god I love MSI! Great cooling performance, noise, and OC. 

Not to mention looks. 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Noticable difference? Definitely. But, a 1660 is not really meant for 1440p 144Hz

Playing a game like Kingdom Come (to be fair, probably one of the most demanding games I play) will I be able to get 1440 p 144hz medium settings? 

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

6 minutes ago, vong said:

Also I just a GTX 980 Ti for a hundred dollars cheaper still, should I get that instead? 

3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

My current MSI card is dead quiet also but noise isn’t really a thing to me because of my layout.

god I love MSI! Great cooling performance, noise, and OC. 

Not to mention looks. 

Could you maybe stretch your budget? There's an MSI GTX 1070 TI for $410 but it was a mining card.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

4 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Playing a game like Kingdom Come (to be fair, probably one of the most demanding games I play) will I be able to get 1440 p 144hz medium settings? 

likely no.

Also I just a GTX 980 Ti for a hundred dollars cheaper still, should I get that instead? 

A 980 ti would be of slightly better performance. It is, however, more power hungry. What model power supply do you have?

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, vong said:

Could you maybe stretch your budget? There's an MSI GTX 1070 TI for $410 but it was a mining card.

Nah sorry, with this virus around have to remain pretty minimal on spending. 

Right now im deciding between the 1660 and the 980 ti.

im split, what do you think? The 980 is on bid for 225 AUD and I’m leaning toward that

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

likely no.

A 980 ti would be of slightly better performance. It is, however, more power hungry. What model power supply do you have?

A cosair 550w. Should be plenty for any build right?

3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Nah sorry, with this virus around have to remain pretty minimal on spending. 

Right now im deciding between the 1660 and the 980 ti.

im split, what do you think? The 980 is on bid for 225 AUD and I’m leaning toward that

980 Ti performance is only about a hair higher than the 1660.

Just now, vong said:

980 Ti performance is only about a hair higher than the 1660.

In this particular circumstance, the price would be well worth it right?

2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

A cosair 550w. Should be plenty for any build right?

That isn't a specific model, but 550 Watts is plenty. If it's a grey label CX or CXM or something, it would be fine.

Primary PC:

In this particular circumstance, the price would be well worth it right?

Well if you can get it cheaper than the 1660 then yeah I guess.