Need help with GPU usage drops

Miguelc
Hello everyone , my GPU drops its usage quite often and causes fps drops wich increases frame times and makes the game not feel smooth at all , i noticed that when it drops usage my cpu usage spikes up for a moment and voltage limit goes down and no load limit goes up , anyone know why this is happening?
i will post my afterburners graph so you can see what im talking about , also i will list my rig down bellow , Thank you .

Afterburner graph : https://imgur.com/a/4IjTBk4

these benchmarks where taken while playing COD Warzone @ 1080 p with almost every video setting on low

My rig
CPU: i7 8700 k O'c @ 4.7 ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR OC 8 GB
MB: ASUS PRIME Z370 p
PSU:Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 700 W
RAM: 2x 8 GB Ripjaws
HDD : 1 TB HDD ( OS on it and most games )
SSD: 120 GB

hi, i dont really se any issues in these afterburner graphs. i can see you satarting the game and alt-tabbing out. i dont see any frame drops or any ft spikes. what is the driver version you are running?

1 hour ago, Bob116 said:

hi, i dont really se any issues in these afterburner graphs. i can see you satarting the game and alt-tabbing out. i dont see any frame drops or any ft spikes. what is the driver version you are running?

im using the 442.59 i just saw theres a newer one , but it has been like this on all versions , it just bugs me because even if i use high setting it still drops usage and i see people's benchmarks and theyr usage is pretty stable might drop to 97 / 96  mine drops to 20 sometimes even 0 % 

11 minutes ago, Bob116 said:

have you tried DDU and reinstalling the gpu driver?

yeah i do that everytime a newer version comes out , ill do that tomorrow with the new driver and see if it gets better , ill post the results tomorrow cuz its already 1:20 AM here 

I updated nvidia driver today and everything got worse , before it was only my gpu usage buging me and some frametime issues , but had consistent 141/140 fps and now I get like 90 fps not even in multiplayer , I tried going back to my older driver and its still the same , my cpu usage stays at 70 % and before was like 40 %

Could it be HDD related? You could check if there are any background apps causing some IO load on your HDD.

And you can check this web: https://frondtech.com/call-of-duty-cod-warzone-battle-royale-lag-fix-fps-drops-crashing-stuttering/

They say they got 80fps with this setup:

CPU : Intel i3 8100

GPU : MSI GTX 1050 ti 4 GB

RAM : 16GB DDR4 2400mhz

HDD : 1 TB 7200 rpm

Monitor Resolution : 1920×1080 144hz

On 3/23/2020 at 4:07 PM, JeannieFawkes said:

Could it be HDD related? You could check if there are any background apps causing some IO load on your HDD.

Maybe but i'm having similar issues with a different cpu but with a gtx 1080 with games running from ssd, hdd and from a nas (just for testing) and the behaviour is the same: suddent drop in gpu usage and framerate with constant frequencies.

I've also used ddu as Bob suggested many times.