Define R4...Or Not?

Go to solution Solved by Kayn,

Ok I got it :) So is the radiator going to be Push, Pull or Push/Pull? Thanks! 

depending if you're motherboard is going to be in the way or not, so push or pull will depend, push/pull might interfere with some motherboards.

Hey guys I will be building my first rig very soon. Anyway, I want to use the Define R4. I was supposed to get the H100i for cpu cooler. The problem is, the exhaust fans are where the H100i is supposed to be mounted (The radiator). Any help? I really need these exhaust fans to work... Maybe give me another good case I can use?  Thanks! 

Why don't you just use the H100i as an exhaust? You could also put the H100i in the front.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I use the R4 and I have the fans push air out the top of my case in my h100i's rad. Temps are all good.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Why don't you just use the H100i as an exhaust? You could also put the H100i in the front.

How can I do that? (I don't know that much as i said...) How is a single radiator going to cool the rig AND the cpu.

How can I do that? (I don't know that much as i said...) How is a single radiator going to cool the rig AND the cpu.

as long as you have decent air flow into the case there won't be as much hot air in the case. Since this is an AIO cooler hot air won't be exhausted into the case like an air cooler, there will still be some hot air being transferred by the cpu block/hose/radiator but that will be minimal. There's nothing wrong with having it placed on the top, many people have done it and works perfectly for them.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

as long as you have decent air flow into the case there won't be as much hot air in the case. Since this is an AIO cooler hot air won't be exhausted into the case like an air cooler, there will still be some hot air being transferred by the cpu block/hose/radiator but that will be minimal. There's nothing wrong with having it placed on the top, many people have done it and works perfectly for them.

depending if you're motherboard is going to be in the way or not, so push or pull will depend, push/pull might interfere with some motherboards.

I use the R4 and I have the fans push air out the top of my case in my h100i's rad. Temps are all good.

I just remembered and saw this comment, do the fans push air out of the whole system or are we talking cpu? (The fans in the h100i)

I just remembered and saw this comment, do the fans push air out of the whole system or are we talking cpu? (The fans in the h100i)

It pushes air through the CPUs rad and out of the case

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro