photo.exe on dedicated gpu problem

Ritzkpl

Can anyone tell me why the microsoft photo is running on the dedicated gpu instead of integrated gpu?  Normally on idle the temps are around  48 to 52 degress but when the photo.exe uses the dedicated gpu, my system temps just rise up  to 62 degrees and the fan speeds up as well and when the terminate the app from task manager idle temps returns to normal, the app just starts up randomly. I've scanned my pc for any potential virus and it turned up empty. Does anyone have a solution for this or is facing similar things.

My laptop is Predator helios 300 with i5 7th gen and gtx 1060

Screenshot (208).png

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on the media you are opening, the computer may decide that it would be more practical to display it with dedicated GPU. Also, on my Acer Predator 17X (similiar system), integrated graphics functionality is completely disabled. Have you been able to use integrated graphics before?

2 hours ago, A.Hruskach said:

Have you been able to use integrated graphics before?

Yes, i can even launch some games from the integrated graphics, i didn't have the problem of photo.exe opening via dedicated gpu before, but when the problem started, vlc also started running on dedicated graphics so when ever i watch any video the temps just rises up.

Check the Nvidia control panel (if you have an Nvidia card), then you can look for a processor selection option. Some dont have this option though.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, A.Hruskach said:

Check the Nvidia control panel (if you have an Nvidia card), then you can look for a processor selection option. Some dont have this option though.

yeah, it's on integrated gpu and it can't be changed