System will not install Windows

Just need a few opinions on this and I'll explain how it's been acting.

First off it's one of my older boards, namely an Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe (AMD Socket 939) I've owned since new.

The board WILL boot into Windows just fine, the OS will detect stuff and set things up just fine, runs well and even OC's well too.
As long as I use a drive with an OS already on it, there isn't a problem.

It's when I try to install an OS from scratch is whe the problem happens and doesn't matter what OS I try to install.

For example in XP, after it loads the basic drivers from the disk, reaches the "What do you want to do" screen with options to either install, repair or F3 to exit setup is when I hit "Enter" for it to begin the install process.

Then it says "Please Wait" and you wait..... And wait..... And wait.... Never does anything else beyond that point - The system just sits there and nothing else.

Doesn't matter about drives used, CPU's used, RAM...... whatever, it does it everytime.

Do remember this is an older setup so installs from a disk should be no problem for it.

TBH I'm thinking it's a BIOS issue at work here but before I flash it, does this sounds like something maybe some of you have ran into before?

I have a BIOS programmer so doing the deed isn't a problem, I'm more like curious as to the cause of it and would just like to know.

Thoughts?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Are you using IDE or Sata? 

From anything I've experienced like this, it was either a bad ribbon cable, bad disk copy or bad DVD/CD reader.

Interesting issue. I hope to see a resolve!

I've tried different drives, cables, different install disks with different OS versions..... Does the same exact thing everytime.

ATM it's to install the OS onto a SATA SSD drive from a SATA DVD drive.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Try windows 10 from USB too. (Curious if that would even work lol)

I'll try it once I can get a thumbdrive setup for that but it will be either XP or Win 7.

I'm not sure how friendly this board is for setups done from a thumbdrive - Only one way to know and that's to try it and see.