Upgrading GPU

FranzBullo

Hi everyone, first post on the forum.

I was wondering for a long time to get a new GPU for my system, my 960 2gb worked hard and nicely for years, but i feel like It can't keep anymore with the amount of Vram It has (It won't retire entirely, it'll go on the PC i built from scraps for my fiancée)

I don't have much of a bombastic budget to use (around 200€////230$ish max) and i keep looking at the Radeon RX 590 8gb comparisons with a GTX 1660 super-TI. 

So i was wondering , if i had to choose between the two, should i save a Little bit more Money and get a 1660 , or should i be fine with the 590?

Or pheraps, there is something far Better for the same price that i didn't consider at all? 

(Just as a notice, i don't really like buying used hardware, i prefer spending Just a tad more and be totally safe and sound)

Thank you in Advance for your time 

P.s. market prices are from Italy, i see a lot of far cheaper prices from other parts of the world, and a lot of hardware doesn't really come all the way here unless i specifically order It from somewhere else , with some hefty shipment costs

If you stream games I'd recommend the gtx 1660 super or ti version. But, if the RX 590 is a good price were you are and you don't stream go with that. Either of those cards are a MASSIVE upgrade from a 960 2gb. 

11 hours ago, That90sKid said:

If you stream games I'd recommend the gtx 1660 super or ti version. But, if the RX 590 is a good price were you are and you don't stream go with that. Either of those cards are a MASSIVE upgrade from a 960 2gb. 

Not much interest in any type of streaming, just private use! 

Thanks a lot for the answer, now i'm pretty much made up my mind :)

7 hours ago, FranzBullo said:

Not much interest in any type of streaming, just private use! 

Thanks a lot for the answer, now i'm pretty much made up my mind :)

Heck ya man glad to help! you can't go wrong with a RX 590 8gb.