Blackscreen when opening csgo

dodoli

Hello,

Whenever I open some games (lol, csgo), my monitor goes blank. I can still hear the game but I can't see anything. Usually it takes about 1-2 minutes for this to happen.

I have tried to reinstall the games, tinker with their compatibility settings, update my drivers from the hp website, reset and reinstall the os, and got nothing done.

I had the same issue some time ago and I just ignored it until it got away, so I thought that maybe it was from my drivers.

Do you have any idea what i can do?

Set-up: i7-8750h coffe lake, 8gb, rtx 2060 6gb

“Some games (lol csgo) “

so some games or just one game? All apps?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, dodoli said:

Just these two

“These two”. Csgo and what else? Is there anything that HAS worked?  If it’s not everything that’s one kind of thing.  If it IS everything that’s a different kind of thing. If it is everything but you only tried one thing it could be either.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It is just lol and csgo that dont work, everything else does.

So lol is a game not “laugh out loud”.  That makes more sense I guess.  By “everything else” do you mean other games or just the OS?

9 minutes ago, dodoli said:

other games

Ok.  So specifically two games with an identical screen problem.  It’s not hardware unless it’s subtle, and it’s not bios.  What is different about these to games vs the other games?  Are they maybe stores on a different drive than the other stuff?  Are they much more memory or CPU intensive?

They are installed in the same place. They eat more ram and are more cpu intensive than other games, however i cant tell how much more.

27 minutes ago, dodoli said:

They are installed in the same place. They eat more ram and are more cpu intensive than other games, however i cant tell how much more.

Same place as the games that do work?  It’s not a drive issue then.

So they sit there for like a minute on black screen and then work.  Implies the machine is looking for something to make them function which is why I asked about drive locations.  I’m wondering if they’re set to use swap because you don’t have enough memory so it has to make space on your hard disk to do it.  Is your HD maybe really really full?

If you’re curious about what you are using for resources there are several free apps that can do that for you HWmonitor is one of them.