No internet, Secured Issue

HummusCake

I have an alienware 15 r2 which is pretty old so i have to fix contanst problems it, right now its wifi and battery. You might have seen my other post but currently getting full bars but then randomly it disconnects saying "No internet, Secured". I can't play games as it interupts it like tf2 which i have to tab out and reconnect it which solves but then happens again in 30 minutes or so. Is there software that could possibly reconnect it when this issue happens as reconnecting seems to temporarily fix it

Pc value: 9999999$. Alienware 15 r2: 16GB Ram ddr3, Intel Core i-7 4110HQ @ 3.5ghz, gtx 970m, 1 TB HDD *for games*, 120GB SSD *for windows*.

fastest boot time, 6.5 seconds

Just guessing here but my suspicion is that your WiFi is getting overwhelmed by your neighbors and when you reconnect you automatically look for a different band.  The computer finds one and starts transmitting again, but the newer wifi routers around you then shift to the new environment and crowd it out again.

IF this is the case (and it might not be):

1. Wired connection

2. A WiFi repeater between you and the base station to increase relative signal power

3. newer WiFi card that fights dirtier. (This would likely be needed at both the base station and in the machine)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, Bombastinator said:

Just guessing here but my suspicion is that your WiFi is getting overwhelmed by your neighbors and when you reconnect you automatically look for a different band.  The computer finds one and starts transmitting again, but the newer wifi routers around you then shift to the new environment and crowd it out again.

IF this is the case (and it might not be):

1. Wired connection

2. A WiFi repeater between you and the base station to increase relative signal power

3. newer WiFi card that fights dirtier. (This would likely be needed at both the base station and in the machine)

Im planning on buying a new wifi card

Pc value: 9999999$. Alienware 15 r2: 16GB Ram ddr3, Intel Core i-7 4110HQ @ 3.5ghz, gtx 970m, 1 TB HDD *for games*, 120GB SSD *for windows*.

fastest boot time, 6.5 seconds