Pc restarts before booting in Windows or USB

DotComBubblegum

Hi all, 

I am building a pc for my friend, ryzen 3600, 2060 super, gigabyte-x570-gaming-x, gigabyte 750 PSU, and Intel nvme SSD.

It worked great up until my buddy decided to mess with splitting the SSD in to separate drives in windows which somehow bricked windows install and after restart, PC started to act weird. 

PC boot loops just before Windows starts, bios works, all memory, cpu and SSD show up in bios. I installed new windows on separate SSD and unplugged Intel one still same issue. Boot loop and even when booting from USB to reinstall windows the boot loop persists. Just before the first window in the install shows up it boot loops as if something is overloading or shorting out. I tried unplugging all non essential connectors reseting ram and using different ram and gpu slots... Nothing helps.

Cpu temp is around 30 degrees when in bios and does not fluctuate, cooler is mounted properly as far as I can tell. 

When I put in the same SSD in a spare laptop it works perfectly fine too, I'm completely out of ideas. 

Just now, MagnusRodding said:

I have had a simlar problem...
i would opdating the bois from a usb drive, it worked for me on my ASUS Z390-E, and it may also work for you

I updated bios to latest they had on gigabyte website then I also downgraded to a version of bios that I have on my personal pc and k ow that works, did not help. 

2 minutes ago, DotComBubblegum said:

I updated bios to latest they had on gigabyte website then I also downgraded to a version of bios that I have on my personal pc and k ow that works, did not help. 

I'am sorry to hear that, maybe even try testing the cpu?, you newer know whats wrong if you don't test stuff

3 minutes ago, MagnusRodding said:

I'am sorry to hear that, maybe even try testing the cpu?, you newer know whats wrong if you don't test stuff

How would you go about testing the cpu, I unfortunately don't have any am4 pc around to test it in a different system? 

OK so my buddy took the parts back to the shop and they did some testing, turns out it was a factory busted CPU that was causing the issue. Kind of weird as it worked fine in the bios and even played some games before it bricked. 

3 minutes ago, DotComBubblegum said:

OK so my buddy took the parts back to the shop and they did some testing, turns out it was a factory busted CPU that was causing the issue. Kind of weird as it worked fine in the bios and even played some games before it bricked. 

Great to hear you guys found the problem