Usb over Ethernet delay?

MrXeno

So i need a usb over ethernet apdater but i am worried about is the delay it can create. Does anyone have any recommends to any usb over ethernet that doesn't make a massive delay. is for a living room pc with a controller pluged in

You mean like this, right: USB Over Ethernet RJ45 Extender Adapter Cat5 Cat6? It shouldn't introduce much in terms of latency since it simply extends the USB cable, by using "more" cable (with better quality). You can't integrate that into your existing network since it simply sends the USB signal and carries 5 volts, which your network gear isn't going to like. So don't attach that to a switch or anything.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

Quite sure the delay isnt that bad aslong as the distance isnt too far. 

I cana run it thought a cat8 cable. it is already inside the wall. Andthe max distance is 60 meters give or take 5 meter

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

You mean like this, right: USB Over Ethernet RJ45 Extender Adapter Cat5 Cat6? It shouldn't introduce much in terms of latency since it simply extends the USB cable, by using "more" cable (with better quality). You can't integrate that into your existing network since it simply sends the USB signal and carries 5 volts, which your network gear isn't going to like. So don't attach that to a switch or anything.

is gonna run with its own wire so i can if it breaks find it more easliy then checking every single CAT8 kable in the walls. is also to keep it more secure then running the risk of someone being able to jack the singles. i have a idea of running a mouse, keyboard and a audio card (desk type version with it's own PSU). would this works fine in your opinion?

1 minute ago, MrXeno said:

is gonna run with its own wire so i can if it breaks find it more easliy then checking every single CAT8 kable in the walls. is also to keep it more secure then running the risk of someone being able to jack the singles. i have a idea of running a mouse, keyboard and a audio card (desk type version with it's own PSU). would this works fine in your opinion?

Yes, it should work. But, based on the Amazon comments, the one I linked to is rather cheap and doesn't work too well. You should probably find one with a bit more quality.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

Yes, it should work. But, based on the Amazon comments, the one I linked to is rather cheap and doesn't work too well. You should probably find one with a bit more quality.

yeah i saw that, i will for sure look around and see what is there. thanks for the reply