Possible cause of FPS drops?

I am having some random FPS drops even not GPU nor CPU is being maxed out.

My Specs are quite old : (But OK for the games i play)

i5 2400

8 gb ram 1333mhz

GTX 950 OC (Factory OC'ed)

========================

So , Just wanted to report a weird thing also.

If i am getting around 150 fps in Realm Royale at High.

But it drops to around 130-140 for a moment every 10 seconds.(Never goes below that).

If i cap the fps with V-sync "ON" then it still drops from 60 for no reason

==================

1) Any idea how to fix it?(I am suspecting that it maybe my HDD)

2)What's the most stable Overclock for my "msi Gtx 950 OCV3"

If you can accurately discern between 150fps and 130fps then damn I need some better eyesight haha.

V-sync on the other hand, it caps your frame rate to the refresh rate of the monitor. If you monitor is 60Hz, it means it can display 60fps and thus there's no need for the GPU to be producing anymore than it needs, hence why your fps drops to 60 when V-Sync is on. 

For the fps drops, I'm not sure - there's plenty of reasons for fps drops. I doubt it'd be your HDD in your case, if you're getting fps stutter while the map is all loaded in and no new textures are being pulled from the HDD then it's likely to be something more core i.e. the memory speed.

And about the GPU overclock, it varies from GPU to GPU - something you'll have to try and test yourself, if you get MSI Afterburner, set your power limit to 109% (or the max it can be), slowly increase your Core clock speed and memory clock speed until you find a value that causes a crash when under stress (load up some intensive game/process). Dial it back from there when you next boot up and find a value that is stable in the games you want to play. (Some people will say to run stress tests but I don't, as long as it works for the game I want to run I'm fine) If you want more in-depth there's plenty of youtube videos on how to overclock a GPU. Pretty sure JayzTwoCents made one a while ago. 

Edit: When I say 'Some people will say to run stress tests' -- I meant that some will say to run some hardcore stress test for an hour or two and I think it's overkill for me personally. 

22 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

If you can accurately discern between 150fps and 130fps then damn I need some better eyesight haha.

V-sync on the other hand, it caps your frame rate to the refresh rate of the monitor. If you monitor is 60Hz, it means it can display 60fps and thus there's no need for the GPU to be producing anymore than it needs, hence why your fps drops to 60 when V-Sync is on. 

For the fps drops, I'm not sure - there's plenty of reasons for fps drops. I doubt it'd be your HDD in your case, if you're getting fps stutter while the map is all loaded in and no new textures are being pulled from the HDD then it's likely to be something more core i.e. the memory speed.

And about the GPU overclock, it varies from GPU to GPU - something you'll have to try and test yourself, if you get MSI Afterburner, set your power limit to 109% (or the max it can be), slowly increase your Core clock speed and memory clock speed until you find a value that causes a crash when under stress (load up some intensive game/process). Dial it back from there when you next boot up and find a value that is stable in the games you want to play. (Some people will say to run stress tests but I don't, as long as it works for the game I want to run I'm fine) If you want more in-depth there's plenty of youtube videos on how to overclock a GPU. Pretty sure JayzTwoCents made one a while ago. 

Edit: When I say 'Some people will say to run stress tests' -- I meant that some will say to run some hardcore stress test for an hour or two and I think it's overkill for me personally. 

1) Due to msi afterburner.

And About the Overclock.

I increased the power Limit to 110% and Core Clock and Memory Clock to +108 and +136 respectively but it crashed.

Now i have decreased the Pwr Limit to 107% and same coreclock and Memory Clock and it did'nt crashed yet

I am just scared that my gpu will burn or will die . That thing just scare me too much. I bought this gpu with so much saving from school money (And remained hungry for it xD)

Anyway, 

IS IT SAFE?

If you want your GPU to have the longest life it can, don't overclock. It's a fact that overclocking does decrease the lifespan of technology. The Power limit is linked to the temperature limit in Afterburner, so it's telling the GPU that it is allowed to run hotter and take more power to achieve better results. 

Is it safe? Depends how hard you push it, in Afterburner you should be absolutely fine, it has built-in limits to not allow you to mess up too badly. The worst that'll happen is you'll crash and after restarting it'll be fine, except for if you get Afterburner to apply the overclock on start-up and it's not stable, then  you'll continuously crash haha 

CPU overclocking in the BIOS is much less restricted and it's very possible to kill a CPU quickly.

If you're getting performance that you're fine with, and want to keep your GPU alive as long as possible, just leave it. Note: It sounds scary when I say that it takes some lifespan off, but it usually doesn't take too much off the lifespan enough to bother many people.