Asus X570 Strix-E (Q-Code 02 and VGA + Boot Light)

I've found a few threads relating to this across the web, but no solutions seem to be working for me, at least not consistently.

I'm getting inconsistent boot results on this Asus X570 Strix-E board with my 2080 Ti. I had a good stretch where I was lucky and it was working fine, but I had to take my card out to re-seat the waterblock and now I'm getting no display when I start my machine with Q-Code 02 and the White VGA and Green Boot Light showing on the motherboard. I've tried changing to Display Cable, HDMI, different PCI-E slot, powered off and unplugged PSU. BIOS is upgraded to the latest and greatest. Can't seem to get it to detect the card again.

I'm trying to tell myself the board isn't hosed in some way because it had been working fine, although I had to swap PCI-E slots back and forth and mess around with different cables so I might have just gotten lucky.

Any ideas on what else I can try? Seems like it's not all that uncommon of an issue but it's a bit frustrating and I can't seem to make anything work. ?

Just now, Juular said:

Founders edition ?

The video card is a Asus 2080 Ti Strix.

Try to reseat PCI-e power cables too, on both sides if you have modular PSU, and what's the PSU btw ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Try to reseat PCI-e power cables too, on both sides if you have modular PSU, and what's the PSU btw ?

Corsair Hx1000i

Just tried unplugging and reconnecting the PCI-E cables and no luck.

Just now, mrmeeseeks84 said:

Corsair Hx1000i

Just tried unplugging and reconnecting the PCI-E cables and no luck.

And it doesn't work in neither PCI-e slot ? RMA the GPU.

Also, didn't you update UEFI recently ?

And make sure you you've seated PSU power cable (that goes into outlet) all the way too.

Just now, Juular said:

All I recall doing was updating the BIOS. I did get a message once about enabling or disabling CSM because it didn't recognize the GPU or something... but I can't even get it to display the POST screen or BIOS to check that setting.

The card had been working fine for some time, only had this issue come up when I moved hardware over onto this new board. Even on this board it was working through about a dozen or so reboots but this last time it just doesn't seem to like something.

Asus Support seems to think I should RMA it. I'm within the return window for Newegg so I might just send it back and hope a replacement works better.

3 hours ago, Juular said:

And make sure you you've seated PSU power cable (that goes into outlet) all the way too.

Well, I think it may be the card after all. I put my old motherboard and stuff back together so I could test it out, and I'm not getting a signal in that machine either... so what kind of happened was, I had my card in my new rig and there was an issue with the water flow and I think the loop was getting airlocked. The GPU overheated a few times and lost signal, but it always worked again after it cooled off. I'm wondering if the last time it overheated it was the final straw...

Guess I need to run out and grab a cheap GPU to see what the deal is. The fact I'm not getting a video signal to work on either motherboard leads me to believe something is hosed with the card.