Very confusing graphics card issue

JamesHewitt

So, I bought the following system and I am reusing my ASUS X99 deluxe Original and 5820k. 

PC posts, can install windows etc and then when I try and install the AMD drivers it's either not detecting the GPU even though I can see it's working, or it blackscreens and nothing happens. I can still look at BIOS just not windows.

Any ideas?

James

296a991e15d1c94c91afcfe6c2a8f637.png

Are you sure you've connected the display to GPU display output ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Are you sure you've connected the display to GPU display output ?

Yes. It displays up until I install the graphics drivers 

Try manually clearing your BIOS. There should be a jumper on the motherboard, and the instructions on how to use it will be in the motherboard manual. Once that's done, reboot, go into the BIOS and enable XMP/DOCP for the memory ONLY, (change nothing else) and do a fresh install of Windows.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

43 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Try manually clearing your BIOS. There should be a jumper on the motherboard, and the instructions on how to use it will be in the motherboard manual. Once that's done, reboot, go into the BIOS and enable XMP/DOCP for the memory ONLY, (change nothing else) and do a fresh install of Windows.

Did a CMOS clear, updated and downgraded the bios to same result. XMP on or off didn't change anything either

15 hours ago, JamesHewitt said:

Did a CMOS clear, updated and downgraded the bios to same result. XMP on or off didn't change anything either

Did you try it in the exact order I mentioned? The order of the process is important.

If you did, then it's either a major Windows bug, or you have a piece of bad hardware. At that point, see if you can borrow a known good GPU, and see if it works. If it doesn't, then there's something wrong with either the motherboard or CPU.

Make sure all the power plugs on the GPU are properly connected as well.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms