Need help picking a waterblock

Hello,

I recently started building my first system, thought might be a fun project.

However I am having troubles with finding a waterblock that fits my graphicscard. I have  the MSI geforce RTX 2070 super 8gb ventus OC.

I thought that all 2070 super cards were compatible with all 2070 super waterblocks, but I learned that it is not true. Since I bought the EK-FC RTX 2080 +Ti Classic RGB - Nickel + Plexi waterblock which has the Nvidia RTX 2070 super listed as compatible, but does not fit my card.

I still want to watercool my gpu, but since I already wasted my money on a block that does not fit I'm hoping to get some advice to avoid repeating the same mistake.

I have tried searching for a waterblock with my card on the compatible list but the closest I found was this: Barrow full coverage GPU Water Block for GAMING Z RTX2060 Aurora LRC2.0 RGB.

Does anyone know a waterblock that fits my card?

Thanks in advance.

Kinds regards,

Mako1337.

38 minutes ago, Mako1337 said:

Hello,

I recently started building my first system, thought might be a fun project.

However I am having troubles with finding a waterblock that fits my graphicscard. I have  the MSI geforce RTX 2070 super 8gb ventus OC.

I thought that all 2070 super cards were compatible with all 2070 super waterblocks, but I learned that it is not true. Since I bought the EK-FC RTX 2080 +Ti Classic RGB - Nickel + Plexi waterblock which has the Nvidia RTX 2070 super listed as compatible, but does not fit my card.

I still want to watercool my gpu, but since I already wasted my money on a block that does not fit I'm hoping to get some advice to avoid repeating the same mistake.

I have tried searching for a waterblock with my card on the compatible list but the closest I found was this: Barrow full coverage GPU Water Block for GAMING Z RTX2060 Aurora LRC2.0 RGB.

Does anyone know a waterblock that fits my card?

Thanks in advance.

Kinds regards,

Mako1337.

What is your cards part number?

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

• 1 month later...

@Mako1337 hi! Have you had any luck finding a fitting waterblock?

I'm currently thinking about buying this one: Bykski from Aliexpress. My reasoning is that it says "RTX 2080 Ventus", and also "RTX 2070 Super", which is our card's GPU. Also as far as I know RTX 2070 Super uses the same board as a regular RTX 2080, so maybe this one should fit.

I'm still also looking for any info to confirm or deny that, no luck so far. No comments on Ali mention what card they have.

Update: there's also this thing on newegg, seems to be close to or the same as one from Ali.

Update 2: okay, after digging around for about 2 more hours, not including the previous few days, I conclude that the chinese thing from Ali should fit, as it says that it'll fit a 2080 ventus V2, which (not the V1) looks just the same as the 2070 super ventus. And, as we know, they are also supposed to be built on the same PCB. I think I'll order the block in a few weeks, when I get some spare money.

The two images attached are 2070 Super Ventus and 2080 Ventus V2 from MSI's official site gallery. Spot the difference.

https://ru.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-VENTUS-OC/Gallery

https://ru.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2080-VENTUS-8G-V2/Gallery

1024[1].png

1024[1].png

Edited by bubblec0re
Conclusion

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, bubblec0re said:

@Mako1337 hi! Have you had any luck finding a fitting waterblock?

I'm currently thinking about buying this one: Bykski from Aliexpress. My reasoning is that it says "RTX 2080 Ventus", and also "RTX 2070 Super", which is our card's GPU. Also as far as I know RTX 2070 Super uses the same board as a regular RTX 2080, so maybe this one should fit.

I'm still also looking for any info to confirm or deny that, no luck so far. No comments on Ali mention what card they have.

Update: there's also this thing on newegg, seems to be close to or the same as one from Ali.

Update 2: okay, after digging around for about 2 more hours, not including the previous few days, I conclude that the chinese thing from Ali should fit, as it says that it'll fit a 2080 ventus V2, which (not the V1) looks just the same as the 2070 super ventus. And, as we know, they are also supposed to be built on the same PCB. I think I'll order the block in a few weeks, when I get some spare money.

The two images attached are 2070 Super Ventus and 2080 Ventus V2 from MSI's official site gallery. Spot the difference.

https://ru.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-VENTUS-OC/Gallery

https://ru.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2080-VENTUS-8G-V2/Gallery

1024[1].png

1024[1].png

Did you get the water block yet?

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, greasebastard said:

Not yet - still undecided on the whole watercooling thing. It'll be my first try, so I'm still in doubt whether I'll be able to make it really more efficient (or at least quieter) than air.

My card runs at 80 degree Celsius when under load, works kinda fine. I'll be sure to post an update if I go for it.

I got it it’s ok the fit is good but you can’t use the backplate and it removes the brace so it sags real bad and end up vertically mounting it

688A3768-222C-4B3D-966B-42D35A62E4F4.jpeg

13 hours ago, greasebastard said:

I got it it’s ok the fit is good but you can’t use the backplate and it removes the brace so it sags real bad and end up vertically mounting it

Nice to know!

What are the temperatures now? Did it get better? How's the noise?

Is the sagging really that bad? I don't have the option to mount it vertically if I make up my mind to switch to water.

Temp runs at 38c under full load and any brace will fix the sag but definitely need a brace

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 3:49 AM, greasebastard said:

688A3768-222C-4B3D-966B-42D35A62E4F4.jpeg

Hi congratulations on your install, very nice! 

Can I confirm which GPU you have, is it the MSi RTX 2070 SUPER Ventus 8 GB OC? 

Also if you could direct me to which Bykski card this is, that would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:49 PM, greasebastard said:

The fans on the upper side may look the same, but when you open up the PCBs they look different. I think the capacitors are positioned different.