Multi rail PSU for Vega 56?

iPito

Hey,
As vega cards need a whack ton of current I wonder if a multi rail Enermax Revolution DF 850w would be a wise choice?

I'm constantly getting black screen, fann 100% crashes on my underpowered BQ Purepower 500w. I'm looking for a replacement keeping in mind that I may throw an additional gpu from #teamgreen like a RTX2070 when Resolve on Windows gets Prores export support.
If I had to pick a PSU that would only have to run my vega I'd probably go for a single rail one, but when considering more than two cards a multirail one seems as a better choice but will it be as "problem free" as a single rail one when running vega?

I'm rocking a 6700k- now at stock, but it OC's to 4.5 @ 1.27v and a MSI Vega 56 Airboost OC undervolted to 965mV @ 1567 and 1622 P6/P7. It draws up to 430w from the wall with the i7 @ stock clocks, 1.2v.
Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

I don't think a single rail or multi-rail will matter too much as long as it puts out enough amperage.  Also, a multi-rail will require you to somewhat calculate how much amperage is being drawn on each rail - for this reason, a single rail is a nice option.  I would suggest around a 1200watt power supply if you plan on having a second video card such as the rtx2070.  An 850w would be ok for a single video card.  Also, keep in mind that power supplies have an efficiency curve that will affect the amount of power they draw from the wall.

I hope this helps!

pp11 could've just tripped it's ocp with a peak pull from that vega, little you can do about that

the revolution df shares platforms with the widely popular bitfenix whisper, it's a good psu

850w is overkill, but might be worth it if cheap

I went for a RM1000i- they had them for 634 PLN on black friday where normally they run for 800+. I guess now I'll have the choice to run it in single or multi rail mode :P Thanks for your suggestions, topic can be closed :P