Looking to upgrade a part, help me choose

I have an i5 9600k on an msi z390 pro-A MB. I have 32gb 2400 ram and a Zotac 1070 ti mini. I have been looking into upgrading the GPU to a 2060 super-2070 but my 1070ti reaches 1980-2010 mhz on its own, no overclocking on my part and my CPU I have set at 4.6 all core with a Cooler master hyper 212 tower cooler from 6 years ago. I can get 4.7 but when i go 4.8 system doesn't boot.

My question is what should I upgrade

Upgrade the cooling to an AIO on cpu,

Upgrade 1070ti to a 2060super or 2070

Upgrade 9600k to a 9700k or 9900k

I have 4 drives with 2 1tb ssd, 1 m.2 and 1 2.5in

I am not to worried on cost but Its not unlimited. I built an AMD build for wife and she has a 2700x, 5700xt, on a B450. If I can get a CPU and MB for AMD I woulden't mind changing. Thanks for all the help and advise. 

10 minutes ago, Shnoboy said:

I have an i5 9600k on an msi z390 pro-A MB. I have 32gb 2400 ram and a Zotac 1070 ti mini. I have been looking into upgrading the GPU to a 2060 super-2070 but my

What monitor resolution/refresh rate? What software/games?

Upgrading to those GPUs isn't really an upgrade for performance, probably just keep waiting for the 30 series or find a $400 1080ti maybe if you're really lucky.

CPU depends on what you're doing with it, but that one is fine for gaming.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

35 minutes ago, Shnoboy said:

Upgrade 1070ti to a 2060super or 2070

Upgrade 9600k to a 9700k or 9900k

24 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Upgrading to those GPUs isn't really an upgrade for performance, probably just keep waiting for the 30 series or find a $400 1080ti maybe if you're really lucky.

the only real upgrade in performance is moving towards a 1080ti, 2080 Super or 2080 ti but at this point you are better off waiting for the 30 series or the rumored 2080 ti Super on the gpu side of things

and unless those games are majorly cpu heavy and will use the extra cores you wont see much of a performance difference going to a 9700k or 9900k

(though i did notice yesterday that modern warfare multiplayer was being suprisingly cpu heavy after i downloaded the update {60 - 80% cpu usage} on my 9900KF)

35 minutes ago, Shnoboy said:

Upgrade the cooling to an AIO on cpu,

upgrading the cpu cooler would only be effective if you are hitting 90+ degrees while doing the tasks you do with the current cooler, if not there isnt a point to it unless you do it for the more sleek look (in my opinion i would go a nzxt x72 over a air cooler anyday as i love the look of it but it also comes with a heavy pricetag that could go towards a more powerful gpu)

I have an AOC 27in 144hz 1ms 1080p. I am waiting to see if I can get the 1440p version on black friday/cyber monday. its at micro center for 219$ right now. The computer as a whole is very quiet and when I was playing metro exodus is the only time in a years or so I have heard the fans. I have manually turned fans to 100% so I know how loud they can get. I only play games and do some homework. I will sometimes move it to my 4K TV that is 60hz. I know I don't need an upgrade as my GPU is an extremely awesome  one as it goes to 2gz by itself. 

45 minutes ago, Shnoboy said:

I have an AOC 27in 144hz 1ms 1080p. I am waiting to see if I can get the 1440p version on black friday/cyber monday. its at micro center for 219$ right now. The computer

Your PC should still be fine for 1440p 144hz even. I'd just put that money away for the "Big Navi" RX 5800 coming eventually or the 3070/3080 next year.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?