Platform Change Advice

Rienks

I am going to be upgrading my PC and with this I am making the switch to AMD from Intel. I was just wondering if there is anything I should know or keep in mind while I do this specifically software/driver wise. I will be keeping my current SSD and HDD, PSU and Graphics Card.

Thanks

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

u'll need another mobo, obv, but apart from that u should be able to keep everything

AMD also doesn't support thunderbolt 3 so if you have anything like that, then you won't be able to use it (unless you have the x570 aqua)

20 minutes ago, Cobbwebbros said:

u'll need another mobo, obv, but apart from that u should be able to keep everything

AMD also doesn't support thunderbolt 3 so if you have anything like that, then you won't be able to use it (unless you have the x570 aqua)

You can use TB3, it just will not be integrated into the motherboard.  You will need an add-in card to get it.

Though, now that I think about it, there is a high end AMD board that actually has TB3 integrated...

16 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

You can use TB3, it just will not be integrated into the motherboard.  You will need an add-in card to get it.

Though, now that I think about it, there is a high end AMD board that actually has TB3 integrated...

its the x570 aqua from asrock

linus did a vid on it