ping spikes now and then

YoungShredder

my story is kinda long. so i recently trashed my old laptop which i got for 200 dollars couple years back. then i bought a HP all in one desktop pc, then i noticed i couldnt play any games with it becase of the ping spikes during the game. my ping jumps from 20ms to 300-2000ms every couple seconds when i ran the speed test. i spend the next couples days digging throught the internet. watched like hundreds of youtube videoes and tried many solutions but nothing works. then i felt like it was the wifi driver is the problem so i returned the all in one desktop and bought a HP i5-8700 desktop with a montior. the same issue occured. ping spikes like every couple seconds. funny thing is the both pc are using the same wifi driver which is the Realtek 803 one. then finally i got a big upgrade. bought a HP omen. all three of them are using the same wifi driver. i guess thats the HP special wireless driver. then i went to best buy bought a wifi adopter and sure thing. the ping spikes went away. not competely but way better than before. i uninstall the original driver came with the omen and install the adopter driver. now i only get ping spikes like every half maybe even a hour. my question is how can i get rid of it competely. this ping spikes never happened on me before. when i had my 200 dollars laptop the ping was always stable. so is on my surface 4. only with this new pc i experience the ping lags/spikes

i would suggest use ethernet for gaming

maybe some electrical appliance near your pc or router is causing interference.