Imge Sorting Software

Teronte

Hello

So recently I had a problem with one of my hard drives and windows corrupted every file in my hard drive. I was able to restore all of the info but due to the corruption all folders were lost. I have been looking for a software that could help me organize my photos, I have around 27 thousand photos and it would be a huge pain and will take a lot of time if I sort each photo from the windows explorer. I been thinkin about a simple program that asks what folder to send each photo from a list of predefined folders. I have found programs that come close to this like digiKam or Magix Photo Manager but none or them really help me more than windows explorer. 

I would really appreciate if someone had a software or startegy to help me up organize all my photos. Thank you very much!!

Alejandro Garcia

DigiKam is best free one. There are Zoner and Lightroom too. And if you want to spend time on looking, pre-Google Photos Picasa.

But what you want from this software? What is the feature that would be better than Explorer?

If files have lost metadata, you are pretty much out of luck. Or you would need to give FB or Google permission to learn what photos are about to automatically tag them.

The manager software can organize, filter and select files based on the metadata values. Then move selected to another folder. In Zoner they are folders, DigiKam has them as albums in database.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv