file transfers using iphone

Bloodshed Romance

Here's an odd one.. does anyone know if the wifi portable hard drives let you access the files off of it on an iPhone and possibly upload those files to something like wetransfer?

Alternatively how to use an iPhone as a USB drive to transfer files from a computer to it? I know they like everything to go through iTunes...

the premise is for work we use iphones and need to upload videos we edit in a timely manner.The hotspot is being throttled at times where the phone itself isnt so if we could put the files on the phone and upload them that should in theory make them faster.

im currently looking into the sandisk ixpand drives but havent tried one yet.

i have a iXpand. Its nice!

But not needed any longer! With iOS13 there finally is support for USB drives. All you need is a lightning to USB adapter :) 

But do you have a Mac? Airdop would be the simplest solution here. 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

ive used the usb to lightning cable and can see the dcim folder but cant write to the phone.

we use windows laptops.

6 minutes ago, Bloodshed Romance said:

ive used the usb to lightning cable and can see the dcim folder but cant write to the phone.

we use windows laptops.

Thats normal,  sadly. 

Install iOS13, then:

You have to get https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?afid=p238|satJg2GVH-dc_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_91282506382_pgrid_23911783222_&cid=aos-de-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MD821ZM/A-DE then do everything via a stick or external drive, ssd etc (Caution some drives are not supported by the iPhone bcs power output is to low)

There are cheaper adapters but dunno how good they are.

yeah by that point id probably just go for the ixpand. our phones should be on whatever latest version is available for them.. i believe we're on iphone 8.

2 minutes ago, Bloodshed Romance said:

yeah by that point id probably just go for the ixpand. our phones should be on whatever latest version is available for them.. i believe we're on iphone 8.

kk, but adapter is cheaper and faster (depending on the drive you use) than iXpand.

id still have to get a male to male usb cable with the lightning to female usb adapter. the 32 gb ixpand is 22.99 on amazon and best buy would price match. technically if i prove it works then i dont have to buy them anyway lol.