Ceprolad.A Trojan

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Looks like it's dug itself in deep enough to recreate the executing part every time you reboot while hiding that root from the anti-virus software.  There's always the reinstall option if you want to be certain, but if you are hoping to avoid that for now, try some other anti-virus software like bitdefender.

Apparently I have made the rookie mistake of installing a suspicious software on my PC. I tried cleaning it up and got rid of most of the damages but apparently I keep getting greeted by this notification from Windows Defender every time I open up my PC.

image.png.ba8a9518f344c77f8713b4a32d9f7d24.png

I try to remove it and Windows Defender says it's removed but it still keeps popping up. I installed Malwarebytes and it cleaned up some malware but I still get notified that I'm still infected by this Trojan.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Looks like it's dug itself in deep enough to recreate the executing part every time you reboot while hiding that root from the anti-virus software.  There's always the reinstall option if you want to be certain, but if you are hoping to avoid that for now, try some other anti-virus software like bitdefender.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, ukyo13 said:

-snip-

I'd try doing a bootable malware scanner like Bitdefender Rescue CD.

After letting the PC rest after a while, it seems that the notifications are gone and it's not showing any signs of infections. I'll keep monitoring it for now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it came back. SMH. I'll try out using Bitdefender.