Buzzing noise from speakers when in game

Zartox

Hi,

I've been hearing this buzzing/humming noise from the speakers when I play a certain game, this just started yesterday prior to doing some driver updates for Wlan / Lan etc. Build is only 4 days old and had no issues prior.
This only happens on WoW, tested other games and no buzzing/noise can be heard. The only way to remove the noise slightly is by limiting the FPS to 80 in game.

I am running a MSI Geforce RTX 2080ti Trio.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Buy good sound card. It may be even USB sound card, but still - not integrated. Integrated sound is very sensitive to any interferences - and calculating hundreds of frames every second (most of them "in the air" because I bet that your monitor don't have 2400 Hz refresh) by powerful graphics card, can produce that type of distortions. If sound is even in 10% that important for you as graphics, buying good soundcard will be good choice.

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using my T.V as a monitor at the moment. But still curious to why this has happened all of a sudden, no issues prior.

Edit: Motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme

Just tried CS:GO to see if the buzzing is there, it is doing the same thing as well. Hmm ..

Have you changed the audio cable recently? Or moved it closer to your rig? Is it a shielded cable, or something cheap and thin?

This sounds like electrical interference.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 SUPER | Mobo: ASUS ROG B450-F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz | Cooler: Hyper 212 Black Edition

Haven't changed anything, I have the Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker System. I cannot understand what is going on and it's really driving me nuts... was thinking if it's worth reformatting PC?

I cannot think of anything else, wasn't happening prior to install certain drivers / utilities, so I have on clue which one may be causing this.

Just tested plugging it into the front headset port on the case, still same problem.

It is very unlikely that a driver update caused this. A full reformat this early would be way overkill. The fact that it only happens while you are gaming and your rig is consuming much more power almost certainly means electrical interference. A driver issue would most likely cause it to happen all the time.

Do you have any USB headphones? That would be a good way to test for electrical interference. If you use USB and hear no hum, that points to interference. If you use USB and hear the hum still, that points to software problem.

Otherwise, move your audio cable as far away from any power cables/sources as possible. Again, are you using a shielded cable, or something like a cheapo dollar store cable?

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 SUPER | Mobo: ASUS ROG B450-F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz | Cooler: Hyper 212 Black Edition

I don't have any USB headphones, will the mobile phones work the same way for this test?
As for the cable, just a standard one that came with the speakers.

So I removed those 3 cables (black,green,pink) and used the HMDI that is connected to the GPU/T.V (the standard white/red cable is connected from the speaker to the black aux port on the T.V) This has seem to fixed the buzzing / humming noise, however, when I try to plug those 3 cables into the back of the motherboard, the noise returns.

I am just curious to know why it isn't working in that manner?

This is going to bug me until I can find a solution, even though the sound works with good quality through the HDMI.. just knowing the feature that is available to use, is not working.
Any ideas?