ASUS Error Code 53 With New Ram

I have the Asus Maximus XI Gene and  a 9700k, I just bought some GSkill Trident Z Royal ram 2x16GB @3600MHz and I keep getting the error code 53 (memory initialization error) my motherboard supports up to 64GB @4800MHz and I previously had GSkill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @3200MHz installed and it worked perfectly fine. I tried re-seating the ram multiple times, then tried with just one stick, then I tried clearing the cmos and repeated the steps, but I keep getting the error code 53 every single time, if the memory wasn’t seated properly I would get error code 55, so I have no idea what’s wrong!?

Btw I updated the bios to the latest firmware when I got the motherboard, i haven't tried resetting the bios, though i don't think i would need to, my facebook friends think it's a bad kit, but i want to make sure there isn't anything i'm missing, you guys have any ideas?

Here is a link to the kit on newegg https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232822?Item=N82E16820232822

Just now, BiG StroOnZ said:

So, as far as I can read - you said you haven't reset CMOS? As that is definitely something I would do when upgrading to a new memory kit. 

No i did reset the cmos and still got the error code! I also have the latest bios update 1105.

10 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

No i did reset the cmos and still got the error code! I also have the latest bios update 1105.

What do you mean by: 

28 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

...i haven't tried resetting the bios, though i don't think i would need to...

Because usually, that's what resetting the CMOS does.

What do you mean by: 

Because usually, that's what resetting the CMOS does.

There is a cmos button and bios button on the back of my motherboard, i cleared the cmos using the cmos button. The bios has the latest firmware 1105, since i updated it when i got the motherboard and i was saying that i didn't reset the bios back to the default firmware the board came with, but i don't think having the latest bios firmware is an issue so i don't think i need to reset the bios anyways! Looking at the qvl list it even says i need the latest bios update.

10 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

There is a cmos button and bios button on the back of my motherboard, i cleared the cmos using the cmos button. The bios has the latest firmware 1105, since i updated it when i got the motherboard and i was saying that i didn't reset the bios back to the default firmware the board came with, but i don't think having the latest bios firmware is an issue so i don't think i need to reset the bios anyways! Looking at the qvl list it even says i need the latest bios update.

Yeah, I agree that a newer BIOS shouldn't be incompatible. However, check to see if there are any Beta BIOS options too for download. Additionally, it wouldn't hurt to flash it to a previous BIOS; even going through a handful just in case. As it stands, you're going to have to return the kit most likely (if it is the kit itself). Therefore, in the mean time, trying to find a solution now isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quick question, have you tried putting the old kit of memory back in? Sometimes when performing upgrades you knock cables loose and whatnot. Which leads people to think they did something wrong with the upgrade, when in fact it's something else. Putting the old kit back in at least eliminates that possibility (to see if you still get Error Code 53).

Also, I would check through this generic guide:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/perform-these-steps-before-posting-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Might assist in case you missed any troubleshooting steps. 

Yeah, I agree that a newer BIOS shouldn't be incompatible. However, check to see if there are any Beta BIOS options too for download. Additionally, it wouldn't hurt to flash it to a previous BIOS; even going through a handful just in case. As it stands, you're going to have to return the kit most likely (if it is the kit itself). Therefore, in the mean time, trying to find a solution now isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quick question, have you tried putting the old kit of memory back in? Sometimes when performing upgrades you knock cables loose and whatnot. Which leads people to think they did something wrong with the upgrade, when in fact it's something else. Putting the old kit back in at least eliminates that possibility.

Also, I would check through this generic guide:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/perform-these-steps-before-posting-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Might assist in case you missed any troubleshooting steps. 

Yeah after trying all of that, i put back in the old kit and it worked perfectly, so then i tried again with the new kit even after that with the same error code. Just found out they released a new bios recently 1302, so i will update to that and try again.

Apparently the qvl list of supported ram for my specific motherboard has support for nearly every model of the GSkill Royal ram, but not my specific model, an Asus rep told me i would have to buy a different kit or wait for them to add support, super ridiculous!

Update: I flashed the bios to the new version 1302, Newegg sent me a replacement kit just to be sure the previous wasn't just DOA and it works flawlessly they're so beautiful with the rock candy rgb ^-^