Which Camera should i get?

Gapehorn

So I'm pretty new to the photography and videography scene but I've grown to really like it over the past year and I'd like to get my own camera mainly for videography - i dont take photos often. I've been checking out the Canon M50 and the Sony A6400 and i was wondering if anyone out there has anything to add that might help me make a decision because i'm pretty torn apart as to which camera i should get. below are some of my concerns ?

ANyways,
- I was really leaning away from the M50 because of the tight crop when filming 4K videos (then again im not sure if this is a problem across all cameras or just the m50 in particular) and the loss of dual pixel AF.
- i really liked the A6400 just because i think the image quality looks better 
- im not sure how beneficial recording in 4k will be anyways so will spending more for the A6400's better 4k video be even worth it? 
- A6400 has better internal audio ( which is important to me because i wont be buying an external mic yet)
- should i get second hand cameras? are second hand cameras as reliable? 
- m50 is cheaper though.. 

welp those are pretty much my concerns for both cameras sorry if ive said anything wrong or if i sound like a complete noob lol, but do let me know if there are any other cameras within a similar price range i should look at! and thanks for helping me navigate through the world of cameras ? 

17 minutes ago, Gapehorn said:

So I'm pretty new to the photography and videography scene but I've grown to really like it over the past year and I'd like to get my own camera mainly for videography - i dont take photos often. I've been checking out the Canon M50 and the Sony A6400 and i was wondering if anyone out there has anything to add that might help me make a decision because i'm pretty torn apart as to which camera i should get. below are some of my concerns ?

ANyways,
- I was really leaning away from the M50 because of the tight crop when filming 4K videos (then again im not sure if this is a problem across all cameras or just the m50 in particular) and the loss of dual pixel AF.
- i really liked the A6400 just because i think the image quality looks better 
- im not sure how beneficial recording in 4k will be anyways so will spending more for the A6400's better 4k video be even worth it? 
- A6400 has better internal audio ( which is important to me because i wont be buying an external mic yet)
- should i get second hand cameras? are second hand cameras as reliable? 
- m50 is cheaper though.. 

welp those are pretty much my concerns for both cameras sorry if ive said anything wrong or if i sound like a complete noob lol, but do let me know if there are any other cameras within a similar price range i should look at! and thanks for helping me navigate through the world of cameras ? 

My friend has a Sony A6400 and loves it.  Don't know about the Canon one tho.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I love my olympus OM-D EM-5, but its more of a still photo camera. does video fine though.

Dual Pixel AF shouldn't be your deciding factor. The Sony AF has been really stepping it up lately. 

I'd look at the A6400 more so. 

What are you really looking to shoot? The only problem with the A6400 is the lack of stabilization. You have to spend a fair bit more for the A6600 to get that. The M50 has digital stabilization. Which meh to me. But I have a GH5 and am used to the crazy IBIS. 

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

Best look at the lenses you want and their associated cost. The lenses are far more important than the body. All the bodies mentioned will perform admirably, the biggest difference will be the glass. So work backwards from the lenses you I tend to use. Also factor in the cost of either a variable ND or a couple of good ND filters. For videography the are very useful.