Vega 8 Help!

Hold-Ma-Beer

I am bulding a budget PC. Here is the list of parts I chose:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

RAM: Corsair Veagneance C15 DDR4 3000MHz (2x8)

MBD: Gigabyte DS3H B450M

PSU: Corsair CX450W

I will use this pc for casual gaming as well, so I have heard that 2GB of ram is automatically allocated as VRAM for Vega 8. Is there a way to allocate more vram to the graphics?

Is it compatible only on some mobos?

And also another query: Is 450W enough for a future upgrade to ryzen 5 and RX570 /  GTX 1660??

I don't think you'll benefit much from allocating more VRAM, the Vega 8 is rather weak so don't expect miracles.

And yes, the grey CX450 is fine for a 3600+1660 Ti

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I don't think you'll benefit much from allocating more VRAM, the Vega 8 is rather weak so don't expect miracles.

And yes, the grey CX450 is fine for a 3600+1660 Ti

But still, I am only buying 16 Gigs of ram so that get a reasonable amount for system. Earlier with 8 gigs in my plan, I would have left with only 6 for the system. Now, if there is 16 gigs available, why not allocate some more?? :3

not automatically. and the maximum VEga 8 is 2GB. why font you go for 3200G optimized for 1080p gaming

450W is enough but i recommend 550W tho

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

1 minute ago, Wolfycapt said:

not automatically. and the maximum VEga 8 is 2GB. why font you go for 3200G optimized for 1080p gaming

It just has a better thermal efficiency with little higher clock. I think 2200G can be over clocked to get that little boost 3200G offer.?

32 minutes ago, Potato Pc Tryhard said:

It just has a better thermal efficiency with little higher clock. I think 2200G can be over clocked to get that little boost 3200G offer.?

yeah but you can get lower temp using 3200G.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

1 hour ago, Potato Pc Tryhard said:

And also another query: Is 450W enough for a future upgrade to ryzen 5 and RX570 /  GTX 1660??

Most definitely. A 1080 can manage with a 450 watt, so anything below that is good.

8 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

yeah but you can get lower temp using 3200G.

Since OP plans to upgrade the CPU down the line anyway, the difference would be negligible compared to the price difference.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad