I replaced the ssd and the ram stick on my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd). The replacement went rather smoothly, but when I try to turn it on, the indicator LED turns on but that's about it. Have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Flippy The Halfwit said:
I replaced the ssd and the ram stick on my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd). The replacement went rather smoothly, but when I try to turn it on, the indicator LED turns on but that's about it. Have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated.

Does your mobo show a error code ?  Something might be DOA.  Try one ram stick at a time and lets troubleshoot this thing.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Does your mobo show a error code ?  Something might be DOA.  Try one ram stick at a time and lets troubleshoot this thing.

It has only one ram slot, I tried putting back both the ram and the original ssd, but the result is the same. I feel like I've probably messed something up during the installation, but everything looks fine to me..

3 minutes ago, Flippy The Halfwit said:

It has only one ram slot, I tried putting back both the ram and the original ssd, but the result is the same. I feel like I've probably messed something up during the installation, but everything looks fine to me..

Wait so WIndows installed fine ?  Except now you cant boot into OS ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Wait so WIndows installed fine ?  Except now you cant boot into OS ?

I guess so. Before the attempted installation everything was fine. But now nothing posts, turning the laptop on only the indicator LED's and the camera l;ed lights up and that's it, no other sign of life.

24 minutes ago, Flippy The Halfwit said:

I guess so. Before the attempted installation everything was fine. But now nothing posts, turning the laptop on only the indicator LED's and the camera l;ed lights up and that's it, no other sign of life.

So in this case I assume the laptop doesn't even get warm at all ?  If it doesn't warm up then ya the thing is on its last leg or gonna die eventually.  Are you out of RMA on that thing ?  What is weird is you installed OS on it then it does this nonsense of basically not powering up.  It doesn't make sense why a OS install should brick the thing.  First things first see if your are within your RMA time and what not.

18 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

So in this case I assume the laptop doesn't even get warm at all ?  If it doesn't warm up then ya the thing is on its last leg or gonna die eventually.  Are you out of RMA on that thing ?  What is weird is you installed OS on it then it does this nonsense of basically not powering up.  It doesn't make sense why a OS install should brick the thing.  First things first see if your are within your RMA time and what not.

I think there might’ve been a communication error here, since English isn’t my first language. The ssd I installed is fresh, nothing on it at all. The laptop is quite new as well since I only bought it last year. When I turn the laptop on the indicator and camera LEDs turn on and the disk drive works as well, but the screen stays blank. 

I think there might be a faulty connection somewhere, but I have no clue where since I tripled checked everything, and all seemed fine.

I did try putting back the original SSD (with Windows and all my files) as well as the original ram the laptop came with, but the result is the same, LEDs work, the screen stays blank.

Do you have access to an external monitor? Perhaps you just loosened the LCD cable. That's the easiest way to check for signs of life while proving that out. Other than that, I would try CAREFULLY re-seating any ribbon cables you might have come across while you were swapping things out.

Did you unplug the battery before you started this project?

12 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Do you have access to an external monitor? Perhaps you just loosened the LCD cable. That's the easiest way to check for signs of life while proving that out. Other than that, I would try CAREFULLY re-seating any ribbon cables you might have come across while you were swapping things out.

Did you unplug the battery before you started this project?

Yes of course I unplugged the battery. I already tried connecting to an external monitor, but it doesn post there either. I'll open it up again, and triple check everything.

I popped the original parts back in, double and triple checked everything. The result is still the same. Is it possible to short out only a part of the motherboard? I've got no idea what could've gone wrong..

I'm not that well-versed in laptops, so I added some picture of it's insides. Maybe some eagle-eyed user can spot something that I'm missing.

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg