Calling A Perl Script From C

RobL

Hey all :)

So recently I have been trying to create a program to greet a user on startup. I no they probably already exist but im just bored and wanted to do it myself :P

I have written the code in C and i wanted the user to be able to choose from a list of programs to launch from within the program, now it is very very simple to make a program launch using a PERL script but I just dont know how to exectue the PERL script from inside the C code, can anyone help??

**Note** I want to use C for this so please dont tell me to use something else :P

This is really a platform-specific issue, but assuming you're using Windows:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Basically, this will allow you to use the Windows API to run a shell command, and from there you can have it execute the perl script.

(I've personally never used the Windows API, so forgive me if I am wrong)

This is really a platform-specific issue, but assuming you're using Windows:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Basically, this will allow you to use the Windows API to run a shell command, and from there you can have it execute the perl script.

(I've personally never used the Windows API, so forgive me if I am wrong)

Not using windows lol. I always use linux for coding as, I personally feel, everyone should :) which i no isnt a very popular opinon here but o well lol.

Then, from a quick google, you can use system("shell command here"); to execute a shell command on Linux.

Then, from a quick google, you can use system("shell command here"); to execute a shell command on Linux.

ya figured that out pretty much right after lol :P I was reading something about a deamon or something it was very confusing lol so thats why the qestion was posed thanks again though