Laptop recommendations needed.

Hey guys I need a laptop for general day to day use under $1500CAD. Emails, School and maybe some light gaming. 15" seems like the right size. Thin and light with decent build quality, specs and battery would be preferable. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Idontevenlikebread said:

Hey guys I need a laptop for general day to day use under $1500CAD. Emails, School and maybe some light gaming. 15" seems like the right size. Thin and light with decent build quality, specs and battery would be preferable. Thanks

Adding a dedicated GPU into the mix is going to limit your battery life a fair bit typically.

Most likely just look for any machine that has an i5 8300H/9300H + 1050/1050ti/1650/1650ti

Or you can just use the integrated graphics on AMD's Ryzen 5 3550h, and it'll be enough for light gaming with a dedicated GPU, just need to make sure that laptop has dual channel memory.

There's also going to be some R5 3550h machines with dedicated GPUs too.

Most laptops are going to have some problem/limitation or another, and are likely to run hot because of the thin meme.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?