Need advice regarding my old gaming rig.

Ok guys here's my tired old system specs, I am from a very small town so don't really have a shop i can go to for this type of advice.

Disclaimer all dollar amounts are in canadian dollars.

i7 3820 not overclocked.
Gigabyte x79 up 4
660 ti
16gb ram (4x4 in quad channel, still have 4 open slots) at 1333mhz
128gb ssd
500gb sata
700 watt thermaltake psu
cpu cooler not sure on model but it's a cooler master with a heat sink aprox 4"x4" plus fan
4 case fans (2 front 1 top 1 rear) not sure on exact size or rpm but my case is full size and they span the width of the case so they are fairly large probably around 5" diameter give or take. i believe the case is a cooler master if i remember.

So i want to get back into fps on the computer BF V etc. Currently just using it for WoW and ESO. Now according to can i run it, my cpu is below minimum specs for BF V and my GPU is barely above the stock 660 required. So that made me start thinking about an upgrade or replacement.

To upgrade with a new cpu (3900x or 9900k) plus mobo (z390 or x570), ram, nvme drive and a rtx 2080 super im looking at around $2000 or so canadian dollars. Probably more as i would go with an AIO, and in the case of the 3900x add another $300 for a pci 4.0 storage. That's using Mid range Asus or Aorus mobo's and gpu, asus rog strix e gaming or aorus master to be exact. Leaning towards the asus due to 5 way optimization and the availabilty of aura sync accesories.

To build a whole new intel system im looking at about $2800 and for AMD system about $3200 mainly because of the cost of the pci 4.0 storage. Now i know im going to eventually buy a new rig. But right now doesn't seem like the time to do it. The ryzen 3000 series appears to be the last of the AM4 socket. Radeon hasn't released it's ray tracing yet.Intel looks destined for a new chipset next year and has yet to embrace pci 4.0 (do they jump straight to pci 5.0 to one up AMD?). I'm curious to see what answer if any they have to the AMD 3000 series. And $1000 seems like alot to pay for a Gpu that can't do 60 fps 4k ultra with both ray tracing and HDR enabled.I'm thinking the next gen of cards may get us into that range. I could be wrong but I just feel money would be better spent a year down the road when some of these questions are hopefully answered.

Which got me thinking about a 3rd possibility. I haven't overclocked my cpu. I meant to once the warranty was up but forgot as i had gravitated to consoles. Even though apparently the i7 3820 doesn't meet the min specs for BF V i have found quite a few youtube clips of people running BF V at 60 plus fps using i7 3820 with gtx 1060's and above. They don't mention if the cpu is overclocked tho. So what I am thinking is this. Amazon prime days is right around the corner. Currently they have gtx 1660's for around $300 and rx 580's for about $260 ish. I'm thinking with the releases of the super series and the navi cards these could be heavily discounted on prime days. i'm thinking my best bet right now would be to pick up a rx 580 or gtx 1660 hopefully for under $200 and to overclock my cpu. i'm sure i could probably find a pack off 4x4 16gb 133mhz ram on the cheap too if that would add an benefit.

If i can get another year or so out of my rig by upgrading my gpu for $200ish i think that's probably the way to go. From what i have read and seen on youtube the i7 3820 is easily overclocked to 4.3 to 4.4 ghz. Apparently you can get more but I have never overclocked before and my cpu is 6 years old so i don't want to push it. From my specs do you think my system is capable of handling an overclock like this? Is it even neccesary? Or would just upgrading the gpu possibly be enough? Am i correct in thinking if I am going to drop 3k on a new system that next year would be the time to do so as compared to now? I imagine BF VI will be releasing november 2020, i think it would be nice to coincide building a new rig with the release....

Any and all suggestions are welcome, thanks for taking the time to read what turned out to be a very long post.

In truth you can slap a 1660 in there and be good for a few more years buuut if you plan on doing more a 3900x would be an EXTRAORDINARY LEAP !

Bolivia.