My computer just freezes up 10seconds after boot

michael1292002

I honestly have no clue on what the problem is here

I boot my PC up everything is fine i login with no problems wallpaper engine starts up everything is fine untill after a few seconds the computer completely freezes up nothing works except holding the power button and pulling the plug I've tried everything and don't know what to do I also haven't touched anything in bios and if I have I also have reset bios to defualt

I would be super grateful if someone could help me out 

Specs:

Intel i5 7500
8gb ram 21xx mhz single dim
Zotac geforce 1050ti mini
msi B250I MOBO
1tb wd black hhd

120gb ssd
SFX 300w PSU

newest version of Windows and newest geforce driver

Does it freeze up when you boot into Safe Mode?

-KuJoe

Yes booting up in safe mode works 

But it doesn't make sense bc sometimes the PC will work fine for a while then it has this problem it kinda goes on and off 

You lost me, does the PC freeze up 10 seconds after you boot into Windows normally every time or just sometimes? When you boot into Safe Mode does it ever freeze up or only in normal boot?

-KuJoe

Ok sorry the PC only freezes when booted in windows regularly so far booting into safe mode it has worked fine and the PC will only freeze up when I'm regular windows every so often like yesterday it was working fine and now today can't go even 1 minute fully booted

Next time it freezes reboot it then when you get logged back in check the System Event Logs for any errors, that's the first place to start. Since it doesn't freeze up in Safe Mode then it's most likely a software issue so you might want to backup all of your important files and then look into the Reset PC option in Windows (it won't delete your personal files, but I would still back them up just to be safe).

-KuJoe

Ya I have checked in the event logs only thing would be the kernal power thing for when I hold the power button or pull the plug and I'll try resetting windows I have done a clean installation on that PC many times 

Update 

During the wipe the PC froze when installing Windows it's been frozen for a while now and there is no drive activity I don't know what to do