Laptop for 900$

Hello LTT forums, I am looking for a 900ish usd dollars. I will be buying on ebay instead of buying new. I was thinking of the thinkpad x1 carbon gen 5 or 6. I will be going to college next year and need a light laptop but need the performance for the occasional lan party with my friends. leave recomendations in the comments please!

37 minutes ago, Pipet said:

Hello LTT forums, I am looking for a 900ish usd dollars. I will be buying on ebay instead of buying new. I was thinking of the thinkpad x1 carbon gen 5 or 6. I will be going to college next year and need a light laptop but need the performance for the occasional lan party with my friends. leave recomendations in the comments please!

I was "that dude" that lugged a Corsair 750D desktop into the dorms for gaming/LANs, and chose a light ultrabook for any classroom/library work. I'm definitely not suggesting a full tower, but I would really recommend going with a decent desktop for living space and LAN use and a light, lower power laptop for classroom/library use. You'll get much better gaming performance when you do need it, without having to compromise on the lightness or compactness of your laptop.

1 hour ago, Netami said:

I was "that dude" that lugged a Corsair 750D desktop into the dorms for gaming/LANs, and chose a light ultrabook for any classroom/library work. I'm definitely not suggesting a full tower, but I would really recommend going with a decent desktop for living space and LAN use and a light, lower power laptop for classroom/library use. You'll get much better gaming performance when you do need it, without having to compromise on the lightness or compactness of your laptop.

I already have a 4790k and 1070 build i just need a laptop for occasional use