Help with Outlook?

I have an Outlook account that is currently on the fritz. We were trying to log into the account on a work phone but it wouldn't let us. (Having to go through the imap advance settings.). However I had a friend try to go in and find the imap in and smtpout servers. She accidentally went to the bottom to the password. Put in her password and hit enter. And it messed it all up. Now it won't connect to send or receive mail. If you minimize Outlook and open it up. It will ask for the user name and password. But when we put the email and password in it says it fails. It closes for a second then the same pop up comes up. I did some looking and it said there was an error with the server settings but she did not mess with the settings.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I had a similar issue wherein I can't access my Outlook account in IMAP and SMTP servers, an 'Unable to login, Please check the email and/or password....' error comes up (even if I input the right credentials. Upon checking, is the work phone android or iOS? because most of the time, problems such as this arise in iOS. second, it can be related to ISP incompatibility.

The troubleshoot techniques in the internet didn't help much so what I did was to reboot and reinstall necessary apps. ISP related: log in, go to advanced settings, and retype (sometimes I remove it completely and it works) port numbers and any necessary information. Hope this helps! The glitch is quite bothersome and it took a week or two to fix it. Then, same issue comes back - other error pop ups.